Following the series of Starbucks amazing fruit drinks, I have yet another delicious refreshment, Mango Dragonfruit refresher, but this time it’s made with water instead of coconut milk like the starbucks dragon drink recipe and with no lemonade unlike the Mango dragonfruit refresher with lemonade.
Using only five ingredients, I promise you, you will have yourself a top-notch drink in the comfort of your home, with a fraction of the price.
- You can get rid of the black particles in the juice by straining the mix through a coffee filter or a cheesecloth.
- Replacing the water in the juice with lemonade will result in the equally delicious mango dragonfruit lemonade.
- Start with a low amount of syrup or honey, then increase the sweetness according to your taste.
- Make sure the dragonfruit powder is completely dissolved in the water and that no lumps are formed before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Frequently asked questions:
What is in the mango dragonfruit refresher?
It’s the perfect tropical mix between mangos and the delicious Asian dragonfruit flavor with some actual pieces of dragonfruit.
Is this drink considered healthy?
The dragonfruit is super healthy and is filled with nutrients, vitamin B, C, and magnesium. You also have the added bonus of controlling the amount of sugar added when you make it at home.
Does mango dragonfruit refresher contain caffeine?
The green tea provides this drink with a small amount of caffeine. However, you can easily skip the green tea and make yourself a decaffeinated drink.
Is this drink alcoholic?
Nope, it doesn’t contain any alcohol. However, a pinch of vodka or rum will result in a nice summer cocktail that you can enjoy.
Mango dragonfruit refresher calories!?
A venti Starbucks cup contains about 130 calories, while a grande cup has 90 calories and a tall cup has about 70 calories.
How many grams of sugar are in the mango dragonfruit refresher?
A grande cup contains about 33 grams of carbohydrates, 30 of which are pure sugar.
Describe the taste of the Mango dragonfruit refresher?
It is the perfect fruity drink that is sweet with a mild amount of caffeine but not overbearing. The taste of the dragonfruit is very evident but goes very well with the refreshing mango flavor.
Mango dragonfruit refresher with coconut milk?
When replacing the water with coconut milk. It will result in the delicious “Mango dragonfruit drink”. The coconut milk gives some extra richness and flavor to the drink that I highly recommend trying.
How to Make Mango Dragonfruit Refresher Copycat Drink
- 1 and ¼ teaspoon of freeze-dried dragon fruit powder
- 4 cups of water
- ¾ cup of mango juice
- 4 tablespoons of simple syrup (you can substitute the syrup with honey or sugar)
- Ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons of green tea (optional)
- Let the green tea steep in a cup filled with hot water for two minutes, then transfer the cup to the fridge to chill.
- Dissolve the dragonfruit powder in a cup half-filled with water.
- After making sure all the powder is dissolved, add the rest of the water, the mango juice and the chilled green tea. Mix well.
- Sweeten your drink with simple syrup or honey according to your taste.
- Fill the serving glasses halfway with ice cubes. Pour the juice into each glass. Serve and enjoy.