Among the uniquely delicious and vibrant Starbucks refreshers is the amazing Mango Dragon fruit lemonade, which is basically a twist on the regular Mango Dragonfruit refresher with extra fruit and extra flavor. I prefer this sweeter version with actual Asian dragon fruit cubes. Trust me, this makes all the difference!
I present to you this easy and simple Starbucks copycat recipe that literally won’t take any of your time to make and will yield you the most satisfactory and refreshing drink ever during a hot summer day. Same delicious taste as Starbucks’ original drink, at a much cheaper price using only simple ingredients.
Some important tips:
- Make sure the Dragonfruit powder is completely dissolved in the grape juice before mixing it with the rest of the juices.
- You can get rid of the black particles in the juice by straining the mix through a coffee filter or a cheesecloth.
- You can substitute the lemonade with water to make the Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit refresher, but you will have to add syrup or sugar to sweeten it.
- The ratio between the different fruit juices determines the final color. Adding more mango juice will result in a slightly different color than the signature bright pink color.
Frequently asked questions:
What are the contents of this drink?
Freeze-Dried Dragon fruit pieces soaked in a blend of fresh juices like mango, grape juice, lemonade (made of lemon juice, water, lemon oil, and lots of sugar), and Ice cubes. You can add green coffee extract for an extra 70-85mg of caffeine.
Is Starbucks mango dragonfruit lemonade healthy?
When comparing this drink to the regular Mango Dragonfruit refresher, then it’s definitely not as healthy due to the large amount of sugar in the lemonade. However, if you want to make yourself a healthier version, then substitute the sugar with stevia in your homemade lemonade.
How many calories are in Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade?
A Starbucks’ grande cup of this drink contains about 140 calories, 15 mg sodium, 33g carbs, 1 g protein, and 45mg caffeine. While the venti has 200 calories, and the tall one 110.
Can we substitute the Lemonade with Coconut Milk?
Yes, it’s sold in Starbucks under the name “Dragon drink”. The coconut milk gives an extra creaminess and richness to the drink with a lighter color.
How can you describe the taste of this drink?
Through the first sip, you can simply feel the fruity, refreshing, and definitely sweet taste due to the fresh lemonade, along with the natural flavors of the fresh dragon fruit. Perfect for a hot day.
Does this drink have any caffeine in it?
The original Starbucks drink does contain caffeine in the form of a small amount of this green coffee bean powder, which gives an added boost. However, you have the utter choice of controlling the amount of caffeine added to this drink or removing it completely.
How to Make Mango Dragon Fruit Lemonade at Home
- ¾ teaspoon of dragon fruit powder.
- ¼ cup of white grape juice concentrate (you can also use any fruit juiceinstead like apple juice or any light-colored ones)
- ¼ cup of mango juice
- ⅔ cup of lemonade
- Ice cubes
- Dissolve completely the dragonfruit powder in the grape juice by mixing them well in a bowl.
- In a glass filled with ice cubes and dragonfruit cubes, pour the mixed dragonfruit juice.
- Continue with the mango juice and the lemon juice. Mix everything together.
- Serve with an extra scoop of dragonfruit. Enjoy.
More Related Copycat Recipes
Best Starbucks Pink Drink Copycat Recipe
Best Green Drink Starbucks Copycat Recipe
Ombré Pink Drink Starbucks Copycat Recipe
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.