Following all the new Starbucks’ coconut milk drinks, Starbucks just introduced the new Iced pineapple matcha drink which is made of a blend of fresh pineapple juice, matcha green tea, and coconut milk with a hint of ginger. You will be surprised at how much the components of this blend go perfectly with each other giving one amazing and refreshing drink.
And here I am offering you the exact recipe of the Pineapple matcha Starbucks for you to try it out at a fraction of its cost and the same delicious taste.
- Start mixing the matcha green tea powder and ginger powder in a small amount of pineapple juice first to make sure they completely dissolve and no lumps form before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- To remove the tiny white particles due to the coconut milk, use a cheesecloth or a coffee filter to run the drink through it before the addition of the syrup.
- Adjust the sweetness of the drink according to your preference. If you’re using sweetened coconut milk, you might need to add less syrup than if you used non-sweetened coconut milk.
Frequently asked questions:
What does Starbucks pineapple matcha taste like?
It tastes like every single component inside it, creamy and rich coconut milk, sweet pineapple juice, and refreshing green matcha tea with a hint of ginger flavor in the end.
Does matcha pineapple Starbucks have caffeine?
Yes, it does have some caffeine in it which will give you the perfect boost to start your morning.
Is pineapple matcha drink from Starbucks gluten-free?
Naturally, matcha green tea should be gluten-free. However, that’s not always the case, as contamination with gluten can actually occur during the manufacturing process. That’s why Gluten-free certified matcha powder is the only guarantee of zero gluten.
Pineapple matcha Starbucks review?
One of the biggest hits on this drink is its vibrant green color. People are in love with its color and definitely its refreshing cold taste perfect for a hot summer day.
Is this drink healthy for you?
The matcha green tea, pineapple juice, and coconut milk are generally good for your health. However, the problem comes from the large amount of sugar added, that’s why making it at home gives you the advantage of controlling the amount of sugar added to it.
How to Make Starbucks Pineapple Matcha Latte
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- 1 ½ cups of coconut milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon of matcha green tea powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of simple syrup for sweetness (you can also use honey and adjust sweetness according to your taste)
- Ice cubes
- Dissolve ginger powder and matcha green tea powder in a small bowl containing some pineapple juice.
- In a separate pitcher, pour the remaining pineapple juice, coconut milk, and the matcha green tea mix dissolved in the previous step.
- Sweeten the drink with the syrup according to your preference. Start by a small amount at first and increase it gradually.
- In a serving glass half-filled with ice cubes, pour the drink. Serve and enjoy.
Hi, I’m Julie, the passionate foodie and founder of Juliesfamilykitchen.com. I created this blog out of a drive to prove someone wrong, and then I realized how much I truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. In my free time, when I’m not running around after my kids or spending quality time with my partner, you can usually find me in the kitchen experimenting with new dishes.