Starbucks’ very berry hibiscus refresher is one of my absolute favorite Starbucks rainbow-themed drinks. I mean, I love hibiscus tea, especially the unique blend Starbucks use to make this drink in particular and the final touch with the blackberries makes all the difference.
The cool thing about this recipe is that you get to make your own drink at the comfort of your home, without the fear that you might not find it available at your local Starbucks and with a fraction of the price. Besides the fact that you can adjust the sweetness to your preference.
- In the case of using green coffee pills in your drink, all you need to do is use the powder in the capsules after opening them.
- You can make the very berry hibiscus lemonade refresher by using lemonade instead of white grape juice.
Frequently asked questions:
How to make the very berry hibiscus refresher with lemonade?
All you have to do is substitute the white grape juice with lemonade and you’ll have yourself a nice glass of very berry hibiscus refresher with lemonade. Don’t forget to adjust the amount of lemonade according to the taste so that it’s not overbearing.
What type of berries are used in this drink?
Originally, Starbucks use blackberries for this blend. However, you can use any type of frozen berries you prefer, even mixed ones.
How much does this drink cost at Starbucks?
It differs according to the cup size. If you ordered a Venti, it should cost $4.99, a tall drink 3.99$, while a grande costs 4.49% and a trenta is for 5.29$. The lemonade and violet versions are more expensive.
How does it taste like?
It’s the perfect blend between the blackberry taste with the refreshing hibiscus tea and a slight green coffee taste in the background.
Amount of caffeine in this drink?
The added green coffee extract provides this drink with some caffeine. However, you are free to skip the addition of the green coffee extract and enjoy a caffeine-free juice.
Is very berry hibiscus refresher considered healthy?
It’s one of the healthiest Starbucks juices present, and making it at home gives you a bonus of controlling the amount of sugar added and the quality of the ingredients.
Amount of calories it contains?
In the case of a venti cup, it should contain about 170 calories, while a grande has 120 calories and a tall cup contains about 90 calories.
Does Starbucks still make the Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher?
Despite the fact that Starbucks no longer makes the very berry hibiscus refresher, yet the good news is, you don’t need it. You can make your own with the same delicious taste and much a cheaper price.
How to Make a Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher
- 1 hibiscus tea bag
- A cup of hot water
- A cup of white grape juice
- A scoop of blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- Ice cubes
- ½ teaspoon of green coffee extract (optional)
- Into the cup filled with hot water, place the hibiscus tea to steep for 5 minutes.
- If you want some extra caffeine, you can add green coffee extract to steep with the tea. After the five minutes. Transfer the tea to the fridge to chill.
- Mix the white grape juice with the steeped tea in a jar.
- Fill half of the serving glass with ice cubes. Pour the juice all over the ice filling the glass. Finally, add the scoop of blackberries on top. Serve and enjoy.