I believe by now you must have tried at least one of the special Starbucks rainbow beverages that was recently presented. Besides their vibrant and appetizing colors, they actually taste pretty delicious and refreshing. Whether you have or haven’t tried them, now is the perfect timing to try them starting with my favorite one, Starbucks pink drink.
I like to use fresh strawberries when I make this drink, a healthier alternative to the freeze-dried ones used at Starbucks, which is definitely an added bonus, in addition to its basic and simple ingredients and the fact that you get to control its sweetness, unlike the ready-made one from Starbucks.
Notes and Tips:
- You can get rid of the black particles from the acai powder by straining the mix through a coffee filter or a cheesecloth.
- Make sure the acai powder is completely dissolved in the grape juice before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.
- You can avoid adding the passion tea if it’s not available. However, this will affect the color of the final drink.
- For a de-caffeinated version, skip the green coffee.
Frequently asked questions:
What’s in the pink drink?
As the name implies, it’s simply made of a mix between strawberry acai drink, coconut milk and a scoop of strawberries, blackberries, or both together.
Is Starbucks’ pink drink healthy?
It’s actually pretty healthy, as it’s made of fresh strawberries, coconut milk, and a low amount of sugar. The Ombre jar has about 100 calories.
Is the strawberry coconut drink the pink drink?
Yes pretty much. It’s the same as the strawberry acai refresher, but with a twist, coconut milk is used instead of water.
Does Starbuckss pink drink have caffeine?
Yes, it does have a tiny bit of caffeine in it. A grande cup from Starbucks has about 45 milligrams of caffeine, because of the coffee extract, which you can remove from the drink if you want to.
How to make the Keto version of the Pink drink?
By avoiding the use of any sweetener in the drink. If you have to, then replace regular sugar with stevia. Make sure the coconut milk is not sweetened. You can use heavy cream instead. Also, use water instead of grape juice.
How can I order the pink drink at Starbucks?
Just order a Strawberry acai refresher with coconut milk instead of water and a scoop of strawberries.
How to Make Pink Drink Easily
- ½ a pound of fresh strawberries
- 1 ½ cup of coconut milk (you can substitute it with soy, almond or even regular milk)
- ¼ teaspoon of freeze-dried acai powder (optional)
- A cup of white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons of simple syrup (you can use regular sugar instead)
- Ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon of green coffee extract (optional)
- ¾ cup of passion tea (optional for the bright pink color)
- Start by putting the passion tea bag in a cup filled with boiling water. Let the tea steep for few minutes, then chill it in the fridge.
- Clean your strawberries by removing their stems and slicing them in halves. Blend the sliced strawberries with ½ a cup of white grape juice till they reach a smooth consistency.
- Strain the blended juice through a mech.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the acai berry powder, green coffee extract, and the rest of the white grape juice till all the powder dissolve.
- Assemble your drink by mixing the acai powder mix, ¾ cup of the chilled passion tea, strawberry juice, and coconut milk.
- Sweeten the drink using simple syrup or sugar according to your taste.
- Pour the drink into a glass filled with ice cubes. Decorate with strawberry slices. Enjoy.
If You Like this Recipe Try These Out:
Best Green Drink Starbucks Copycat Recipe
Homemade Violet Drink Starbucks Recipe
Best Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade Recipe
Best Texas Roadhouse Red Chili Copycat Recipe
Benihana Fried Rice Copycat Recipe
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.