Following my series of recipes of the best and most delicious Starbucks’ drinks, I present to you the Strawberry acai refresher. This special, refreshing, fruity, yet mildly caffeinated beverage is perfect for a hot and sunny summer day.
I know Starbucks drinks have their own unique flavor. But, believe me when I tell you that you won’t be able to differentiate between the original Starbucks strawberry acai and this one. In fact, this way you have the option to make a much healthier and less sweet version of it.
Strawberry acai refresher with lemonade
You can simply make this delicious drink by substituting the water with lemon juice. Depending on the type of lemon you are using, adjust the amount added to avoid the strong zesty taste.
Strawberry acai refresher with coconut milk
This drink is actually sold under the name “pink drink” at Starbucks. The addition of coconut milk instead of water boosts this delicious drink 10x, as coconut milk gives an extra creaminess and rich flavor. You should definitely try it.
Some important tips:
- You can get rid of the black particles from the acai powder by straining the mix through a coffee filter or a cheesecloth.
- You can prepare this juice ahead and leave the pitcher in the fridge. Just stir the juice with a spoon before serving.
- Using coconut milk instead of regular water will result in a much creamier and lighter pink color.
- Make sure the acai powder is completely dissolved in the water before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.
- For a de-caffeinated version, skip the green tea.
Frequently asked questions:
How many calories does this drink have?
According to Starbucks cup sizes, a venti cup contain 130 calories, while the grande one has 90 calories, and the tall cup has 80 calories.
Does it have caffeine in it?
Yes, the original Starbucks Strawberry acai refresher does have a small amount of caffeine in it. 50 milligrams in the grande cup. However, you can control the amount of caffeine you want in your homemade version, or simply remove any trace of it.
Does the strawberry acai refresher have benefits?
It does have many health benefits especially the acai and strawberries. Using a low amount of sugar in the drink will make it even healthier.
How to Make Copycat Strawberry Acai Refresher Starbucks Drink at Home
- ½ bound of cleaned and sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 cups of water
- ¾ teaspoons of fresh dried acai
- 1 ¾ cups of white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons of simple syrup (you can use sugar or honey as well)
- Ice cubes
- Optional 2 tablespoons of green tea (chilled)
- Prepare your green tea by placing your tea packet in a cup filled with boiling water.
- Let it steep for 2 minutes, then transfer the cup to the fridge to chill.
- Clean your strawberries, remove their stems and leaves, then slice them in halves.
- Blend the strawberry slices with a cup of water until smooth, then strain the juice through a mesh.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the acai powder with ½ cup of water.
- Mix together well the acai solution, green tea, and white grape juice with the strained strawberry juice.
- Fill a large pitcher with ice cubes and pour the strawberry mix all over it. Complete with the rest of the water.
- Use simple syrup, honey or sugar to reach your favorable juice sweetness. Mix well.
- In a glass with its third filled with ice cubes, pour the juice and decorate with strawberry slices. Serve and enjoy.
Hi, I’m Julie, the passionate foodie and founder of Juliesfamilykitchen.com. I created this blog out of a drive to prove someone wrong, and then I realized how much I truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. In my free time, when I’m not running around after my kids or spending quality time with my partner, you can usually find me in the kitchen experimenting with new dishes.