It’s always a mystery to me how fast-food restaurants manage to turn every simple ingredient into an appetizing, mouth-watering, and sophisticated dish!
Take as an example, the crispy Burger king Onion rings. I mean, these little fried goodness are the perfect side dish to literally anything, from a simple burger to a whole heavy meal!
Now, I didn’t make this whole intro to tease you about how amazing the onion rings at burger king are. No, I actually came with the perfect recipe to the exact same onion rings at your home, with no trouble whatsoever. It will literally take you 30 minutes max to make them. And the results are heavenly!
- Make sure not to overcrowd the large pot so that each ring can cook equally.
- Temperature of the oil should be kept between 350-375F.
- Try soaking the onion rings in cold water before covering them with the batter for extra crispy results.
Frequently asked questions:
Does burger king still have onion rings?
They are still made and still sold throughout Burger king’s different branches. But, that doesn’t mean they aren’t out of stock most of the time.
What’s healthier onion rings or fries?
Despite the fact that both of them are deep-fried, yet somehow fries are healthier. As potatoes have more fiber, less sugar, and fewer fats and overall fewer calories than the fried onions.
How many calories in burger king onion rings?
They differ according to the amount size of the onion rings. However, Burger King onion rings carbs make up about 40% of it’s total calories, which are about 472, in case of a small one. While the remaining 60% are mostly fats.
burger king medium onion rings calories?
burger king medium onion rings make up about 410 calories in 1 serving (117 g)
how many calories in burger king large onion rings?
burger king large onion rings make up about 500 calories in 1 serving (142 g)
What are Burger king’s onion rings made of?
Believe it or not, Burger king doesn’t make their onion rings out of regular onion slices. They actually use a paste made of finely chopped onions among other ingredients.
Why do Burger king’s onion rings cause gas?
Well, this is mainly because of the fact that onions are filled with FODMAPs, which are often hard to be digested by the bacteria in your gut, causing the release of gas, and consequently bloating.
Can onions cause gas?
Yes, onions are high in fructans carbohydrates, which can cause bloating and gas.
Are Burger king onion rings vegan?
Originally, no. That’s mainly because of the eggs and milk present. However, it could be made vegan, if we substituted the regular milk with soy or oat milk. As for the eggs, you can use plain and unsweetened applesauce instead.
Burger king’s onion ring review?
I mean, the reviews are overboard with this one. No one seems to really find any quality that could potentially lower the “Above average” grade this side dish earned. The best thing about it is that it’s crunchy, served hot, and goes best when dipped in the delicious zesty sauce.
How to Make Burger King Onion Rings Recipe
- A large white onion
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt (adjust according to taste)
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Start by slicing your large onion into 1/2-inch thick rings. Collect the large and medium ones and store the small rings for any other dish. We won't need them.
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a medium bowl, flour, salt, and baking powder. Cover each onion ring in the flour mix completely.
- After transferring each onion ring from the flour mix to another plate. Pour the milk and crack the egg on the rest of the flour mix. Mix the content of the bowl together well and make sure no lumps are present.
- Transfer back the floured onion rings in the bowl with the flour mix and start dipping each ring in the mix.
- Shake any excess mix from each onion ring, then transfer them to the bread crumbs mix in a separate bowl.
- Fill a large pot with vegetable oil and place it on medium-high heat.
- Put each coated onion carefully in the large pot once the oil's temperature reaches 375 F. Flip the onion rings when they turn golden brown. It should take about 1.5 minutes on each side.
- Once they gain this appetizing golden-brown color, drain the excess oil and move the rings to a plate lined with a towel, to further drain the excess oil.
- Sprinkle some salt while hot. Serve and Enjoy.
Check More Copycat Recipes
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.