This amazing Starbucks ginger drink is the perfect tropical drink you didn’t know you needed to taste in your life. The ginger mixed with pineapple juice, coconut milk, and a dash of turmeric gives the perfect flavor blend that sets this heavenly drink.
It takes no effort at all to make, and with this recipe, you will have yourself an exact replica of the original Starbucks golden ginger drink in the comfort of your own home, with a fraction of the price.
- Make sure the powder dissolved well before adding the rest of the liquid juices by first mixing all the powders in a ½ a cup of pineapple juice. Once it’s clear that no lumps are formed, continue with the rest of the juices.
- Turmeric has a weak taste but it gives your drink the perfect vibrant color it needs. However, if you don’t like its taste, you can remove it from the drink.
- You can control the amount of ginger powder in the juice according to your preference.
- Start with a low amount of syrup or honey, then increase the sweetness according to your taste.
Frequently asked questions:
What’s Starbucks golden drink?
It’s the perfect mix between a bunch of different ingredients like turmeric, ginger, and pineapple juice, all in the coconut base, making this juice spicy, yet fruity.
Is this drink considered healthy?
Since you get to make this drink at home and you can control the amount of sugar added, then I would say it’s definitely healthy, especially because of the turmeric and ginger added.
Does it contain caffeine?
Originally, it doesn’t have any caffeine in it. However, you can add your own twist for some extra energy by adding some green coffee extract.
What’s the review on the golden ginger drink?
There was a lot of hype on this drink when it was first released, most of which are positive due to its amazing and vibrant color, it has a perfect taste due to the creamy and rich coconut milk and the fruity flavor of the pineapple and ginger, and of course, the fact that it is less sweet than the other Starbucks fruit juices. However, some reviews were negative, and that could be due to the strong taste of the ginger and turmeric in the drink.
How much does it cost?
It ranges from $4.95 to $5.75 according to the cup size in Starbucks.
Describe the golden drink’s taste?
It has a herbal sort of spicy taste due to the turmeric and ginger added, but it blends well with the fruity taste of the pineapple juice and the richness of the coconut milk.
How to Make Starbucks Golden Ginger Drink
- A cup of pineapple juice
- 1 ½ cup of coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons of simple syrup (you can use honey or sugar instead)
- Ice cubes
- Dissolve the turmeric and ginger powder in a cup filled halfway with pineapple juice.
- Transfer the powder blend to a pitcher that contains the rest of the pineapple juice and the coconut milk. Mix well.
- Sweeten the drink gradually with the simple syrup.
- In a serving glass filled halfway with ice cubes, pour your juice and enjoy.
Check More Copycat Recipes
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.