Added to the latest Starbucks’ “rainbow” collection is the Green tea, which made quite the buzz when it was presented at first. I mean, the color is definitely a bonus, thanks to the matcha powder added to the blend.
The matcha green tea is basically made of black tea, mixed with the creamy and rich coconut milk with a dash of matcha powder for the final appetizing color. It does deserve the hype, believe me. I recommend you to try this Green drink Starbucks copycat recipe and judge for yourself.
Some important tips:
- I avoided using more than ¼ cup of black tea so that the black tea’s flavor is not overbearing in the drink. However, if you like black tea, you can add more but the color will be more brownish.
- To maintain the freshness, color, and flavor of the matcha powder. Put it in a zip-lock bag, squeeze all the air out. Place it in an air-tight container.
- You can use stevia as a healthier alternative to simple syrup.
Frequently asked questions:
What are the green drinks at Starbucks?
This drink resembles the Iced green tea latte but only in how it looks, as it’s made of matcha powder with black tea and coconut milk, same as all the other Starbucks rainbow drinks.
How to order Starbucks’ secret menu green drink?
All you need to do is order a blend of iced black tea, green matcha powder, and coconut milk!
Is Starbucks green drink healthy?
Believe it or not, it’s considered healthy. That’s mainly due to the macha powder which is a good antioxidant elevating your mood. Besides the caffeine of course. Which will give you the kick you need to start your day.
Is it bad to drink matcha every day?
The matcha itself is not bad for your health. However, too much caffeine could be undesirable. It may cause headaches, diarrhea, and definitely insomnia. That’s why large amounts of green drink in a day is not preferred.
Is it OK to drink matcha on an empty stomach?
Although it’s known that nutrients are absorbed best on an empty stomach. Yet, some people are prone to nausea specifically after drinking matcha tea. That’s why it’s better to drink it in a smoothie rather than alone.
Does this drink has caffeine in it?
Yes, mainly due to the black tea.
How to Make Starbucks Refresher Matcha Green Tea Frappuccino at Home
- 1 bag of black tea
- 1 ½ cups of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of fresh matcha green tea powder
- 2 tablespoons of simple syrup (you can also use sugar)
- Ice cubes
- In a cup filled with boiling water, place the black tea bag. Let it steep for few minutes before you place it in the fridge to chill.
- In a small bowl containing the matcha powder, pour about ¼ of the cup of black tea and mix till all the matcha powder dissolve.
- Continue with the coconut milk and mix well.
- Sweeten the drink with simple syrup or sugar gradually till you reach your desired sweetness.
- Prepare your serving glass by filling ¾ of it with ice and pour the mix all over. Enjoy.
If You Like this Recipe Try These Out:
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.