Boba tea is my weak spot. I can’t resist a nice, colored, and appetizing cup of fruity, with matcha latte filled with the small and cute boba pearls that give you a taste of heaven at each bite. Strawberry matcha latte is the best refreshing drink suitable for a hot summer day with the best chewy boba milk tea pearls.
- Tapioca pearls need to be air-cooled as they harden if left in the fridge.
- It’s preferable to puree the strawberries with your hands, not a mixer to have yourself these uneven chunks of fruit pieces.
- You can enhance the sweetness of the drink by adding more strawberry compote to the mix.
- When pouring each layer, be gentle to avoid the mixing of the different layers.
Frequently asked questions:
What is exactly boba guys?
Boba tea is any tea made with the chewy and sweet tapioca pearls. Originated in Taiwan at first, but later on, became everywhere around the world. Hence, boba guys, which is a tea shop found in San Francisco that make this delicious multi-layered Strawberry matcha latte.
Is strawberry matcha latte boba guys Good for You?
All the ingredients are somehow healthy. However, the only downfall is the large amount of sugar added. But, you can easily lower the amount of sugar when you make your own drink at home.
Boba guys strawberry matcha latte calories!?
Each high ball glass contains about 250 calories. For lower calories, replace sugar with stevia, and add fewer tapioca pearls.
How can I order a strawberry matcha drink at Starbucks?
Just order from the Starbucks Pink drink with vanilla cold foam with a scoop of matcha powder to be blended in the cold foam.
How to Make Strawberry Matcha Latte Copycat Starbucks Drink at Home
For the boba pearls:
- ¾ cup of tapioca pearls
- 4 cups of water
For the drink:
- 2 cups of frozen or fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of matcha powder
- ⅔ cup of hot water
- 1 ½ cups of whole milk
- Ice cubes
- Add the matcha powder to a medium jar, then pour to the powder hot water. Start mixing till all the powder dissolve. Chill the matcha tea in the fridge.
- Fill a saucepan with water, leave it to boil, then add the tapioca pearls to cook for 5 minutes or until they are soft. Remove the floating ones from the surface, rinse with cold water quickly and leave them to cool on a plate.
- Clean your strawberries, cut their leaves and stems, then cut them into quarters. Move the quartered strawberries to a bowl, add the sugar and leave the bowl for 10-15 minutes. Using a fork, start mashing the strawberry with a fork to make the puree.
- Now for the fun part, assembling the serving glass. The first layer should be the tapioca pearls, then the strawberry puree, followed by some milk after adding ice cubes, finally topped with the chilled matcha tea in the last half inch of the glass.
More Related Copycat Recipes
Iced Starbucks Guava Passionfruit Drink Recipe
Starbucks Orange Drink Secret Menu Copycat Recipe
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.