The delicious blancmange can be added to the collection of light, mini, sweet desserts perfect for gatherings and parties. It’s actually one of my favorite desserts ever. Easy, has an incomparable smooth, creamy and delicate taste, yet light at the same time. Who could ask for a better mini dessert?
It resembles panna cotta in a way. It contains some gelatinous ingredients that allow it to maintain its smooth and delicate texture. Usually topped with fresh berries, brown sugar sauce, or cinnamon and served cold.
- Make sure to maintain the perfect ratio between milk added and corn flour mixed.
- Enough time needs to be given for the contents of the mold to set and chill in the fridge. Atleast 6 hours is preferred.
- This dish can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for a couple of days.
- Different toppings can be used, all of which are equally delicious:
- berry sauce or fresh berries like raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries
- shaved chocolates
- whipped cream
- peach compote
How to Make Blancmange!
- ½ cup of corn flour
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 500 ml of milk
- Cooking spray
- Mix milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat flame. When it boils, remove it from the heat.
- In a medium bowl containing the corn flour. Start gradually adding a cup milk mixture with constant stirring until it thoroughly combines.
- Transfer the flour mixture from the bowl to the rest of the milk mixture in the saucepan and put it on medium-low flame.
- Continue stirring till the mixture thickens, then remove from the heat and let it cool down.
- Pour the mixture in mold sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover the mold with plastic wrap and chill overnight. Serve and enjoy!
Hi, I’m Julie, the passionate foodie and founder of Juliesfamilykitchen.com. I created this blog out of a drive to prove someone wrong, and then I realized how much I truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. In my free time, when I’m not running around after my kids or spending quality time with my partner, you can usually find me in the kitchen experimenting with new dishes.