I know we all secretly enjoy the sweet and delicious new Starbucks cake pops. I mean, who wouldn’t?!
It is the perfect little treat that might potentially be your new addiction. It’s so fun and easy to make that I think you would want to always have it in your home to quickly cheer you up.
It’s made of rolled cake covered with frosting just like a normal cake would but, wait for it, in a lollipop form, so that you can enjoy the tiny bits on the go!
- Cake pops starbucks can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Don’t add all the frosting at once as it might be too much, which will result in a too moist cake that can’t be shaped.
- Make sure to remove all the dried brown parts of the cake.
- Vegetable oil added to the melted candy melts gives extra smoothness and shininess to the final coating.
- There are different variations of cake pops:
- Chocolate cake pop: just dip your cake pop in melted chocolate.
- Christmas cake pop: dip it in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with colorful sprinkles.
- Halloween cake pop: Dipped in orange food coloring with melted white chocolate and decorated with black colored chocolate.
- Oreo cake pops: where we use crushed oreos and cream cheese instead of cake and coat with melted chocolate.
Starbucks Cake Pops Copycat (Birthday Vanilla Cake Pop Recipe)
For the vanilla cake:
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- Water/oil/eggs according to instructions on the box
For the frosting:
- 7 tablespoons of unsalted butter left at room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons of heavy cream ( you can also use milk)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the coating:
- 36 ounces of pink candy melts ( you can also use white chocolate with red food coloring)
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- White sprinkles
Making of the cake:
- Start by making the cake batter by following the instructions on the package.
- Pour the batter on a baking pan greased with butter or oil.
- Transfer the pan into a preheated oven at 350F. Bake according to instructions (30-35 minutes) till the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack till it reaches room temperature.
Making of the frosting:
- Using a stand mixer or any mixer, beat the butter in a bowl until it softens completely.
- Add to the butter ½ cup of the sugar while the mixer is running, then add the vanilla, heavy cream, and the rest of the sugar gradually. Make sure all the sugar is well incorporated in the mix.
Assembling the cake balls:
- After removing the brown edges of the cake. Start crumbling the cake with your hands in a large bowl so that it can be easily rounded into balls.
- Add the frosting to the cake crumbs gradually until you reach the perfect consistency.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out a full scoop and try to round it using your hands, then place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the whole cake mix.
- Melt some of the candy melts in the microwave (2-4 ounces). Every 30 seconds, stir the melted candy melts until they are all melted.
- Dip each pop stick in the melted cake melts, then insert them halfway into each cake ball.
- Place the candy sticks in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Coating of the cake balls:
- Before taking the cake pops out of the freezer, melt the rest of the candy melts and add vegetable oil once they are all melted. Pour the melted candy melts into a large bowl.
- Dip each cake ball in the melted candy melts and remove any excess by tapping the bowl with the candy stick.
- Sprinkle some white sprinkles on top. Place each stick on top of a Styrofoam or cardboard box to dry.
- After leaving it to sit for at least an hour. Serve and enjoy!
If You Like This Recipe Try These Out
How To Make Napoleon Dessert Recipe
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.