Nothing beats the delicious and sweet Italian desserts. Since we’re in summer and mangoes are pretty abundant nowadays, I thought why not share with you one special Italian recipe that you’re surely going to love?
The Mango panna cotta is this rich, sweet, and savory delicacy filled with mango flavor and topped with raspberries. Besides its luscious and amazing taste, it has a fancy and special look as well, made of both mango and cream layers diagonal to each other in a wine cup.
Frequently asked questions
How long can this dessert last?
For up to 3 days, if wrapped well with a plastic wrap and left in the fridge.
Do we need to make this dessert in advance?
It’s preferable to be made in advance as it takes at least 4 hours in the fridge to set.
Can we remove the gelatin from the ingredients?
Agar-agar is a vegan alternative for the gelatin since gelatin is an animal product. Don’t forget to also substitute the heavy cream and milk for coconut cream.
Can the mango panna cotta be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze it and thaw it overnight before eating it.
How to Make Mango Panna Cotta!
For the mango layer:
- 2 cups of freshly cubed mangoes
- 1 cup of mango juice
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin powder (easily found in any store)
For the Panna cotta layer:
- 1 ½ cup of whole milk
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Start by making a mango puree using a blender or a food processor
- In a bowl filled with mango juice, add the envelope of gelatin powder. After the gelatin softens a bit, mix with a spoon the contents of the bowl.
- Add to the bowl the mango puree and mix well.
- Tilt the wine glasses with an angle in a muffin tin and start filling it with the mango mix to about 1/2 –inch below the rim.
- Let it cool in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- In a saucepan, add milk and pour in the 3 envelopes of gelatin powder and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the mixture together on medium-low heat.
- Add in the sugar and salt and continue mixing till all the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla after removing the saucepan from the heat.
- Leave it to cool down a bit, then fill the cups with the mix and transfer back to the fridge for 2 hours or until they set.
- It’s preferred to use ripe mangoes for this recipe as they are extra sweet and soft. To know whether they are ripe or not, squeeze gently. They should be soft.
- Don’t forget to garnish with strawberries or raspberries before serving.
Check Other Delicious Dessert Recipes
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.