Chocolate pudding is a delicious treat on its own. It’s sweet, easy, quickly made, and definitely mouth-watering. Now, imagine a chocolate pudding pie, someone would say, it’s ten times better, and I would certainly guarantee you this fact!
The simple twisting of the regular chocolate pudding into a pie takes this dessert to a whole new level. The pie is thick yet super fluffy. The use of heavy cream instead of regular milk allows it to be richer and mousse-like. And, of course, the graham cracker or oreo crust is a wonderful addition.
Frequently asked questions
How long does it usually take to make the pie?
5 minutes for each of the major steps: Crust, filling, and toppings. Another 4-8 hours for the pie to chill.
Is there any way to store this pie?
Yes, you can store this pie in the fridge, or you can make yourself a frozen dessert pie if you left it to freeze.
How to Make a Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe from scratch
For the crust
- 1 ½ cups of graham cracker crumbs (about 9 graham crackers)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons of unsalted, melted butter
For the filling
- two 3.4 oz (or 3.9) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 container of previously thawed cool whip
For the toppings
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Firstly, we are going to make the crust by combining graham crackers, brown sugar, and melted butter together. After mixing them thoroughly, we will press them down evenly on a 9 or 10-inch pie pan using the back of a cup to make sure the crackers are aligned. Leave to chill until we prepare the filling.
- In a stand mixer, start mixing the pudding mix with the heavy cream until they are well blended.
- Add the cool whip to the mix and start mixing on low till the mix fluff more and become well incorporated together. Spread the filling on the crust evenly, cover with a plastic bag and chill in the fridge for 4-8 hours.
- Prepare the toppings by mixing, using an electric mixer, the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream in a pre-frozen metal or glass bowl for 4-5 minutes till the whipped cream form.
- Scoop out the chocolate pie and add some whipped cream and chocolate flakes. Enjoy.
- The use of a stand mixer is important when making the fillings, as the heavy cream + the pudding mix can be a bit stiff and thick, so hard to be mixed by hands.
- For a gluten-free dessert, you just need to add gluten-free oreos.
- Make sure your knife is sharp and thin when cutting the pie.
- Use two 3.4 oz (or 3.9) boxes instead of the large 5.1 or 5.9 boxes.
- You can replace the graham crackers by using a box of oreos and melted butter. Mix them together and press them down to make the oreo pie crust.
White Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe!
Homemade Chocolate Pudding Without Cornstarch!
Easy Chocolate Rice Pudding Recipe
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.