I think we have already established the fact that Oreo + cheesecake = complete and utter deliciousness. Now, Imagine Oreo cheesecake bars with a thick oreo crust and an even thicker cream cheese filling, that oozes with richness and smoothness filled with crunchy oreo bits. Differently a must-try recipe!
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake Bars
For the crust
- 23 oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons of melted, unsalted butter
For the cheesecake
- 12 ounces of cream cheese left at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 eggs left at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 12 oreo cookies
- Into a mixer, put the oreo cookies and start beating it till it they turn into fine crumbs. Add in the melted butter and mix few times till the cookie crumbs are well coated.
- Spread the crust on an 8x8 inch baking sheet lined with parchment paper, with the paper hanging from both sides.
- Transfer the baking pan to a preheated oven at 325 degrees F. Leave it to bake for 10 minutes.
- Start beating the cream cheese in a mixer while gradually adding the sugar till they form a soft incorporated cream filling.
- Add in the eggs one by one, followed by the vanilla extract and sour cream. Mix well all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the chopped oreos on the filling. Pour the filling on the crust, spreading it evenly on top.
- Bake it for 40-50 minutes until the edges are firm and the center is soft.
- Let it cool on a cooling rack for a couple of hours, then wrap it up and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice into bars after removing the parchment paper and serve.
Hi, I’m Julie, the passionate foodie and founder of Juliesfamilykitchen.com. I created this blog out of a drive to prove someone wrong, and then I realized how much I truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. In my free time, when I’m not running around after my kids or spending quality time with my partner, you can usually find me in the kitchen experimenting with new dishes.