The Chinese beef stir fry is an exceptionally easy and quick meal to make. But that’s not all. It’s also a full meal made of juicy and tender flavorsome beef meat with some veggies and topped with the delicious and sweet stir fry sauce, usually served with noodles or rice.
Some useful tips
- This recipe isn’t compatible with tough meat cuts as chuck, rump, round, or blade. It’s more convenient with soft and marbled cuts.
- Marinating the beef is important to tenderize and moisturize it. So it’s recommended to marinate your meat, even for 10 minutes!
- You can control the amount of sugar and oil in this recipe for a much healthier alternative.
- Don’t add the beef to the skillet until it’s hot enough to give the beef the initial shock, hence the stir fry.
- The cornstarch is one of the main ingredients in this recipe. It allows the marinade to stick to the beef.
How to Make Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 ½ pound of flank steak (skirt and iron flat steak can also be used)
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped ginger
- 3 teaspoons of finely chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup of beef broth
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 4 green onions
- Against a grain, start slicing your beef into 2-inch long and 1/4 –inch thick slices.
- Mix the soy sauce and cornstarch in a bowl. Transfer your beef to the bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and let it marinate for 30 minutes at least and up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- On medium-high heat, put a skillet containing the oil.
- When the skillet is hot enough, add in the garlic and ginger. Mix well till they’re browned enough.
- Add in the marinated meat with its sauce. Cook the beef for 2-3 minutes.
- Add to the skillet the brown sugar, beef broth, and green onions. Stir fry them for 1-2 minutes. Transfer your beef to a plate.
- In the same skillet with the remaining sauces, add another tablespoon of oil. Add in the vegetables of your choice and stir fry them for a couple of minutes.
- Bring back the beef to the skillet to mix it with the vegetables. You can also add noodles in this step.
- Dish it up while hot with a sprinkle of chopped green onions and enjoy!
Hi, I’m Julie, the passionate foodie and founder of Juliesfamilykitchen.com. I created this blog out of a drive to prove someone wrong, and then I realized how much I truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. In my free time, when I’m not running around after my kids or spending quality time with my partner, you can usually find me in the kitchen experimenting with new dishes.