Pizza is almost always a constant at any party or a get-together. It’s also pretty fulfilling as a dinner, starter, or even a snack. So if you want to impress some guests and enjoy a quick, easy-made pizza with a bit of twist, check out this Pull apart pizza recipe!
Don’t let this sophisticated shape fool you; it’s actually pretty easy to make!
Pull Apart Pizza Bread Recipe
- 3 packages of pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cup of marinara sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Extra marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
- You would need a 10-inch circular-shaped baking parchment, where you will place the first layer of pizza dough on.On the first layer of pizza dough, spread ½ of the marinara sauce and ½ of the mozzarella cheese. Then form a second layer of dough with the same toppings as the previous one. Finally, add the third layer of dough on top and remove any excess dough with a knife.
- Place a round object (cup or a bowl) in the center of the pizza dough and cut around it 12 equal pieces.
- Rotate every 2 adjacent parts in reverse directions. Do this to all the 12 parts pizza parts. It’s almost done!
- Transfer the baking parchment to a baking tray, and cover the dough with an egg wash, made by mixing the egg with water, which will basically give this shiny, golden appeal of the baked goods. Put the tray in a preheated oven at 400ºF till the dough become golden brown and the cheese melt. This should take about 20 minutes or so.Don’t forget to dip this heavenly pizza in the marinara sauce before eating it!
- Extra tipYou are free to use either homemade or, if you’re in a hurry, ready-made refrigerated pizza dough for this recipe.