For all the Mexican food enthusiasts out there, check out this recipe. Don’t let the recipe name fool you.
This is not a regular chicken fajita. Cooking the chicken breasts, which are cleaned from any skin and bone, in a slow cooker, gives this extra sweet taste and also allows the chicken and vegetables to engulf all the different flavors of the fajita spices added, enriching the taste even more!
What makes this recipe more special, besides its heavenly taste, is:
- Can be presented with corn cob, mac n’ cheese, and fruit salsa.
- The chicken breasts can be replaced with flank steak to cook steak fajita. Both are equally delicious. You can even cook both together for the ultimate meal experience.
- Chicken fajita soup is also an option by adding 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You can make any amount you want and store the leftovers for up to 4 days in the fridge. You can also prepare all the ingredients together and put them in a plastic bag to be left in the freezer for up to 3 months prior to cooking it. All you have to do is leave it to thaw overnight and cook it in the slow pot.
- Can be served with a wrap for chicken fajita wrap or with tortilla shells. With some sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and cilantro on the side.
You can either cook the pot on ‘High’ heat for 3-4 hours or ‘Low’ heat for 6-8 hours. Yes, I know it sounds tedious and long, but trust me, It’s so worth it.
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb of chicken breasts with the skin and bones removed.
- 3 colored bell peppers
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of powdered chili
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 flour tortilla
- 1 can chopped tomato
- Toppings (optional)
- Start by preparing the fajita spices by mixing all its ingredients in a separate bowl
- Cut the bell peppers and onions into 1/4-1/2 inch slices, then add half of them in the slow cooker with half the can of the chopped tomato. Put half the fajita seasoning on top.
- Then, in the pot, the chicken breasts are added, topped with the rest of the fajita spices and the chopped tomatoes.
- Add the rest of the onions and peppers into the pot
- Close the lid of the bot and choose the most suitable setting according to the time available, either high or low.
- When it’s done, the chicken will be soft enough to be cut or shredded into small pieces. Spoon out the mix of chicken with the vegetables into a hot tortilla. Dress it with some cilantro, avocado, and sour cream.
- Bon appetit 😍
Related dinner recipes
Applebees sriracha shrimp recipe
Mexican chili pie recipe
Chili dog casserole with crescent rolls
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.