This recipe isn’t a dessert on its own but rather an important addition to many delicious desserts. The strawberry glaze is this flavorful sauce that can pretty much turn any dish into a heavenly, mouth-watering dessert!
Nothing beats donuts stuffed with this strawberry sauce. Or better yet, cheesecake, pie topped with strawberry glaze, or even pancakes with a drizzle of strawberry sauce. I can go on and on about how this sauce can go perfectly with any dessert, but it’s better if you tried it yourself.
Some important tips:
- When adding the sugar, start adding it gradually till you reach the preferred sweetness.
- For a more appetizing and vibrant color, you can add red dye food colorant to the strawberry sauce.
- The sauce does thicken on its own when taken off the heat, so remove it just before the desired thickness is reached.
- Strawberry glaze can be frozen for up to 6 months, just thaw it and it will be like the freshly made one.
Amazing Strawberry Glaze (For Cheesecake, Pie and More)
- 1 pound of sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of sugar
For the thickening sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of water
The making of the sauce:
- Mix in a saucepan the sugar, water, lemon juice and strawberries over high heat.
- After bringing it to a boil, let it simmer for 10 minutes or until the strawberries softens.
- When it’s soft enough, remove from the heat and start blending the strawberries with an immersion blender.
- Strain the sauce mix and transfer the liquid back to the saucepan. Leave the saucepan on low heat.
To thicken the sauce:
- Mix together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Pour the cornstarch mix over the strawberry mix on the saucepan and stir well.
- Elevate the heat and continue whisking for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Once it thickens enough, remove it from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature after pouring it in a container.
- When it reaches room temperature, you can leave it in the fridge for whenever it’s needed.