This recipe isn’t a dessert on its own but rather an important addition to many delicious desserts. The strawberry glaze is this flavorful sauce that can pretty much turn any dish into a heavenly, mouth-watering dessert!
Nothing beats donuts stuffed with this strawberry sauce. Or better yet, cheesecake, pie topped with strawberry glaze, or even pancakes with a drizzle of strawberry sauce. I can go on and on about how this sauce can go perfectly with any dessert, but it’s better if you tried it yourself.
Some important tips:
- When adding the sugar, start adding it gradually till you reach the preferred sweetness.
- For a more appetizing and vibrant color, you can add red dye food colorant to the strawberry sauce.
- The sauce does thicken on its own when taken off the heat, so remove it just before the desired thickness is reached.
- Strawberry glaze can be frozen for up to 6 months, just thaw it and it will be like the freshly made one.
Amazing Strawberry Glaze (For Cheesecake, Pie and More)
- 1 pound of sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of sugar
For the thickening sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of water
The making of the sauce:
- Mix in a saucepan the sugar, water, lemon juice and strawberries over high heat.
- After bringing it to a boil, let it simmer for 10 minutes or until the strawberries softens.
- When it’s soft enough, remove from the heat and start blending the strawberries with an immersion blender.
- Strain the sauce mix and transfer the liquid back to the saucepan. Leave the saucepan on low heat.
To thicken the sauce:
- Mix together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Pour the cornstarch mix over the strawberry mix on the saucepan and stir well.
- Elevate the heat and continue whisking for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Once it thickens enough, remove it from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature after pouring it in a container.
- When it reaches room temperature, you can leave it in the fridge for whenever it’s needed.
If You Like This Recipe Try These Out
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.