Key lime pie is one the best, if not the best, pie out there. I mean, the creamy texture and the rich taste of the condensed milk in the filling, accompanied by the zesty and sugary taste of the lime, are one of the best combinations you will ever taste!
I almost forgot to mention the delicious graham cracker crust. Add to that the ease of making this recipe. Believe me when I tell you, it’s the easiest pie you will ever make. Won’t take time or effort and will definitely satisfy you!
Frequently asked questions
Can key lime pie be frozen?
Yes, you can make the crust and fillings and wrap it up tightly with plastic wrap and leave it in the freezer. Thaw for a day before eating it, decorate with the whipping cream, and enjoy.
How long can the pie stay in the refrigerator?
The pie can stand for up to a week in the fridge.
If You Love This Recipe Try These Out:
How to Make Best Key Lime Pie Recipe
For the Graham cracker crust:
- 1½ cups of graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
For the key lime filling:
- 28 oz of sweetened condensed milk 1/2 cup light sour cream
- ½ cup of light sour cream
- ¾ cup of key lime juice
- zest from 2 regular limes or 4 key limes
For the Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Start by mixing all the crust ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spread the mix on an 8" - 9.5" pie pan evenly to make the layer of crust. Transfer the pan to a preheated oven at 375F for 7 minutes. Leave the pan to cool for 30 minutes.
For the filling:
- Whisk together the filling ingredients, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest in a bowl.
- Spread the mix on the graham crackers evenly. Transfer the pan back to a 350F oven for 10 minutes. Let it cool after baking for few minutes, then transfer to the fridge for 3-4 hours to chill.
- Whisk with a stand mixer the sugar and heavy cream together, then add the vanilla extract for final flavor. Beat till the whipped cream form.
- Decorate your pie with the whipped cream and lemon zest.
More Key Lime Pie Recipes
|key lime pie without condensed milk||gluten free key lime pie|
|mango key lime pie||oreo key lime pie|
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.