The idea of combining both the famous chocolaty, sugary flavor of the Oreos with the creamy and delicious flavor of a regular cheesecake is almost too good to be true. In this Oreo cheesecake recipe, dreams do come true.
The perfect cheesecake made of Oreo crust filled with the mouth-watering cream cheese-oreo mix and luscious dark and white chocolate ganache finally topped with some homemade whipped cream. What could possibly go wrong with this recipe?
Some important tips
- Cream cheese must be warm and soft for it to be creamy and rich. If it’s not warm enough, put it for 20-30 seconds in a low power microwave.
- When making the filling, start first by whisking the sugar thoroughly with the cream cheese till the sugar is incorporated well in the cheese to form a smooth batter.
- Don’t open the oven door while it’s baking.
- Put a paper towel under the foil you are wrapping your cheesecake well so that it could absorb any moisture or water droplets formed while cooling down.
How long can the oreo cheesecake stand?
It should last for about a week in the fridge if it’s covered well so that it won’t dry out.
Can the oreo cheesecake be frozen?
This recipe is perfect for freezing for many months in advance. All you need to do is just wrap it tightly before adding the whipped cream or the ganache. Leave it to thaw overnight whenever you crave it.
Are oreos considered vegan?
Despite the fact that it doesn’t contain any animal products, yet there could be some cross-contamination in the manufacturing itself.
Can other biscuit types be used with this recipe?
This recipe is not exclusive to oreos, in fact, you can use digestive biscuits, chocolate chip cookies, ginger snaps or any other biscuit you prefer!
The number of oreo cookies in a pack?
In a standard package of Oreos, there are usually 36 ones, as for family-sized pack, there are 48 cookies.
The best ways to eliminate the cracking of the cheesecake?
Baking the cheesecake at a low temperature for a long time usually eliminates the cracking. However, you can also bake it in a water bath to guarantee the absence of any cracking.
Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust
- 26 or more oreos (Depends on the thickness you prefer)
- 113 grams or ½ cup of melted unsalted butter
For the cheesecake
- 3 Packages or 24 oz of Cream cheese
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs left at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 12 crushed Oreos
- 12 chopped Oreos
For the white chocolate ganache
- 1 cup of white chocolate
- 1/3 cup of cream
For the dark chocolate ganache
- 2 tablespoons of semi sweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of cream
For the whipped cream
- 1 cup of cream
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 Oreos
Making the crust
- Start by breaking your Oreos into fine pieces using the food processor. After pulsing it for few times, add in the melted butter, pulse a couple of times more. Mix them well together with a spatula until you have your soft and fine batter.
- Into a springform pan, spread your batter well and to all the sides, making sure it’s tightly compact and spread evenly. Transfer the pan to a preheated oven at 350F for 10 minutes till it crusts so that it’s ready for the filling.
- Roughly chop 12 Oreos with a knife. For the other 12 Oreos, crush them using the food processor.
- In a bowl using a stand mixer, mix well the room temperature cream cheese, sugar, and salt till they form one smooth paste.
- Mix in the sour cream, vanilla extract. Add to the mix the eggs and yolk, one by one, making sure each one is mixed thoroughly till the mix is smooth and creamy.
- Separate the mix into three portions. Add each portion to the crust, smooth it well and sprinkle chopped Oreos on top. Repeat for the other two batter portions without sprinkling Oreos on the top of the last one.
- Put your springform pan on a baking tray and into a preheated oven at 350F transfer the pan and leave it for 10 minutes. When the 10 minutes are done, lower the temperature to 300F and leave it for 50 minutes to bake. After 50 minutes, turn the heat off but leave the tray in the oven for another 30 minutes. Remove the tray after 30 minutes and let it cool down, then chill overnight after covering it with a towel.
Making the ganache
- Prepare two batches of ganache, one white and the other is dark chocolate.
- Add the chocolates in two separate small bowls, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. When the chocolate melt, add hot cream, mix well and leave the bowl aside.
- Spread the white chocolate ganache on the cheesecake into a thin layer. With a splash of the dark chocolate and a small knife, swirl the dark chocolate on the white one.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
Making the whipped cream
- Beat on high the cold cream, powdered sugar, vanilla in a bowl using the stand mixer.
- Transfer the whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a star tip and start decorating your cheesecake. For a better and fancier look. Cut 7 oreos into halves and put each half on a star.
Try other Oreo Cheesecake Recipes
|golden oreo cheesecake||red velvet oreo cheesecake|
|no bake mini oreo cheesecake||oreo cheesecake bars|
|oreo nutella cheesecake|