I have a fun fact for you. You don’t need cornstarch to make a pudding. Yup, that’s right. You can have your thick, creamy, smooth, and delicious chocolate pudding without starch but using eggs instead. In fact, eggs give it an extra, custard-like richness and taste that is ten times better.
With this recipe, the easy homemade chocolate pudding becomes easier. You can even have your own gluten-free chocolate pudding by using certified GF cocoa powder and flour.
How to make chocolate pudding without cornstarch recipe
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 3 teaspoons of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add to the saucepan the eggs one by one with continuous stirring until a thick paste is formed.
- Smoothen the mix by adding the milk and whisking it.
- Transfer the saucepan to a medium flame and bring to a simmer till the pudding is thick, then add the butter and vanilla extract to smoothen it.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to prevent the formation of the skin on the top of the pudding. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The best milk to be used in this recipe is whole milk for optimum consistency. However, you can use almond, cashew milk, or coconut milk as a dairy-free alternative.
- Make sure not to skip the mixing step of the dry ingredients and the whisking of the milk with the ingredients to avoid any lump formation.
- It’s not typical, but you can substitute the eggs by adding an extra 4 oz of chocolate. It will result in a thick, flavorful pudding!
Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe
White Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.