I think by now, we all realized how delicious and easy it is to cook any Sous vide recipe, and this time it’s no different!
The sous vide guarantee you the perfect cooking of the chicken every single time, retaining all its juices, keeping it delicate, moist, and flavorsome.
Shredded chicken can be used vastly in many recipes, salads, and soups. That’s why you need to learn how to properly and easily cook it!
Some tips to consider while cooking
- You can Sous Vide frozen chicken breasts simply by increasing cooking time by 30 minutes. No need to thaw.
- The chicken need to be well seasoned with salt and pepper before cooking it.
- You can replace chicken breasts with thighs, which are usually moister. All you need to do is increase the cooking temperature to 160°F.
- Avoid skin or bones in chicken breasts or thighs.
- Shredded chicken can last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and in the freezer for 2 months.
- You can flavor the shredded chicken by adding BBQ sauce.
- It’s best to cook the chicken breasts at 149°F (65°C) to retain the tenderness, texture, and flavor of the chicken, so it doesn’t become chewy. However, you are free to cook it to any doneness you prefer.
Here’s a Temperature/texture guide for you
|Temperature||Sous Vide Time||Texture|
|140°F / 60°C||1 ½ – 4 hours||Very soft, tender and juicy|
|149°F / 65°C||1 – 4 hours||Tender and juicy|
|165°F / 74°C||1 – 4 hours||Traditional tenderness and a bit chewy|
Sous Vide Shredded Chicken Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless are preferred)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- To prepare the Sous vide, you will first need to fill its container with water, then adjust the temperature to 149°F (65°C). Leave it to preheat.
- Using your hands, rub the chicken breasts with the olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper generously.
- In a zip-lock bag, align the seasoned chicken breasts into one layer.
- Now, for the ‘Water displacement’ technique, close the bag containing the chicken breasts completely except one corner to allow air to come out. Dip the bag in a water filler container, keeping the zip-line above the water surface. Close the zip-line completely.
- Dip the bag completely in the Sous Vide container. Leave it to cook for 1 hour.
- When the time is over, remove the chicken from the bag. Preserve the content of the bag.
- Start shredding the soft chicken breasts, either by using two forks in a plate or by using a stand mixer at the speed of 2. In 20 seconds, the chicken should be fully shredded.
- Add the content of the bag on the shredded chicken to enhance the flavorfulness and moisture of the chicken.
- Serve them with pasta, tacos, or regular sandwiches, and enjoy!