For the best BBQ grilling experience, I highly recommend the famous luscious Chinese delicacy, the Mongolian BBQ. It’s made of grilled meat, grilled seafood, grilled vegetables, grilled everything!
It is served with noodles and a variety of amazing sauces.
Some tips to consider when making this recipe
- Beef (preferably the ribeye) and lamb are the best types of meat to use for this recipe, as it requires high quality, tender and marbled cuts. Pork, chicken, or seafood can also be used. As for vegetarians, Tofu is a good alternative.
- To easily slice the meat into thin slices, Freeze the meat prior to cutting for 1 hour, or let the frozen meat thaw for 45 minutes before slicing on a grain.
- You can substitute the Mongolian sauce with Teriyaki, Thai peanut, Dragon sauce, Szechuan sauce, or barbeque sauce.
- It’s advised to prepare your homemade sauce a day prior to eating it to let the flavors merge together and be more flavorful.
- Using an electric griddle takes this grilling experience to a whole new level. However, stir-frying on the stove works fine as well.
How to Make Mongolian BBQ Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds of ribeye steak (boneless is preferred)
- 6 oz of cabbage
- 5 oz of bean sprouts
- 1 onion cut into thin slices
- 1 large carrot (cut into thin strips)
- 1 zucchini (cut into thin round slices)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 8 oz of Asian noodles(you can use spaghetti instead)
- Salt and pepper for garnishing
- Other vegetables can be used as mushrooms, broccoli, bok choy, bell peppers. (optional)
For the Mongolian BBQ sauce
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of white sesame seeds
- To make the Mongolian sauce: You will put the sugar, soy sauce, and water in a pan. Leave the pan to heat on a medium-low flame. Stir occasionally to make sure all the sugar is dissolved.
- When all the sugar is dissolved, add in the sesame seeds and oil, as well as the ginger and garlic.
- Give it a good mix, then take it off the flame. You can store it in a container in the refrigerator if you want to make it in advance.
- To prepare the Mongolian BBQ: start off by cooking the noodles until al dente, according to package instructions. Leave the noodles aside after sprinkling some oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Start slicing your meat into thin 1/8-inch thick slices. Do the same for the vegetables after washing and drying the bean sprouts and removing the hardcore part of the cabbage.
- Divide a preheated sprinkled with oil, griddle to 400 ºF (204 ºC) into sections. Add the meat and vegetables into separate sections.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the vegetables to season them.
- It should take few minutes to cook the meat. Leave the vegetables until they soften.
- Serve the meat and vegetables with noodles in a bowl, together with the Mongolian sauce. Enjoy!