If you’re home late but at the same time want a delicious and tender home-cooked steak and have no time to thaw the meat. Believe it or not, with this recipe, the top round sous vide, you don’t even have to wait for the steak to thaw. You can cook it directly to make this fancy, juicy, and luscious steak for dinner, perfect after a long tiring day.
Some tips to consider when making this recipe
- Any leftovers can be stored in an air-tight bag and stored for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
- Steak must be prepared well before they are left in the freezer by seasoning the meat with salt and pepper or any marinade you prefer. Align them in a zip-lock bag in a single layer. Vacuum seal the bag with the water displacement method, then leave it in the freezer.
- Tougher cuts such as round steak take the same cooking time as the fresh one.
- It’s best to cook this meat cut to medium-rare or medium at 135°F (57°C) to retain the tenderness, texture, and flavor of the meat, so it doesn’t become chewy. However, you are free to cook it to any doneness you prefer.
Here’s a Temperature/doneness guide for you
|Steak Doneness||Temperature used|
|Well done||165°F (73°C)|
Sous Vide Frozen Steak Recipe
- 1 ½ pound of ribeye steak (Frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the Sous vide, you will first need to fill its container with water, then adjust the temperature to 135°F (57°C). Leave it to preheat.
- Season your steak with salt and pepper if it’s not already seasoned prior to freezing.
- Now, for the ‘Water displacement’ technique, you will need to put your steak in a zip-lock bag, then close the bag completely except one corner to allow air to come out. Dip the bag in a water filler container, keeping the zip-line above the water surface. Close the zip-line completely.
- Dip the bag completely into the sous vide container. Leave to cook for 1.5 hours.
- When the time is done. Transfer the bag with the steak to cool off in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove excess moisture from the steak with a paper towel. Sprinkle some salt and pepper according to taste.
- On a hot iron skillet, put on a medium-high flame, sprinkled with the rest of the olive oil, sear your steak for 1 minute on each side.
- Slice the meat into strips. Dish it up with mashed potatoes and veggies. Enjoy!
Related Dinner Recipes
Easy Chinese Beef Stir Fry Recipe
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.