Despite the numerous Sous vide steak recipes present, yet this one is my absolute favorite. The flavors of the resulted steak with just a few and simple ingredients are incomparable.
Know more about the New York strip steak
Strip steak, strip loin, and top loin steak are all names for the New York strip steak. This steak is special in its significant marbling, leanness, and tenderness. With this type of steak, you don’t want to take any risk cooking it due to its relatively high price. That’s why cooking it with Sous Vide is a perfect choice, guaranteeing perfect cooking with the same doneness of the steak every time.
Some tips to follow when cooking the recipe
- Seasoning of the steak is better before, not after cooking it.
- Avoid leaving the steak cooking for a longer time than necessary. Only 1 hour for 1-inch steak, 2-2.5 hours for 2-inch thick steak.
- You can Sous Vide frozen steak simply by increasing cooking time by 30 minutes.
- It’s best to cook this meat cut to medium-rare or medium at 135°F (57°C) to retain the tenderness, texture, and flavor of the meat, so it doesn’t become chewy. However, you are free to cook it to any doneness you prefer.
Here’s a Temperature/doneness guide for you
|Steak Doneness||Temperature used|
|Well done||165°F (73°C)|
How to Make Sous Vide New York Strip Steak
- 2 pounds of New York strip steak
- 1 teaspoon of flaky salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Fresh rosemary (optional)
- To prepare the Sous vide, you will first need to fill its container with water, then adjust the temperature to 135°F (57°C). Leave it to preheat.
- Season your steak by rubbing ½ tablespoon of olive oil on both steak sides. Sprinkle the salt on pepper well on both sides.
- Now, for the ‘Water displacement’ technique, you will need to put your steak with the rosemary (optional) in a zip-lock bag, then close the bag completely except one corner to allow air to come out. Dip the bag in a water filler container, keeping the zip-line above the water surface. Close the zip-line completely.
- Dip the bag completely into the sous vide container.
- Leave it to cook for 1 hour.
- When the 1 hour is done, transfer the bag with the steak to cool off in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove excess moisture from the steak with a paper towel. Sprinkle some salt and pepper according to taste.
- On a hot iron skillet put on a medium-high flame, sprinkled with the rest of the olive oil, sear your steak for 1 minute on each side.
- When it’s seared well, Dish up and enjoy!
Related Amazing Dinner Recipes
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.