After you finish this article I don’t think you will ever worry about any leftover Try tip steak, because I am going to show you exactly how to reheat Tri tip steak in seven different ways!
This moist, juicy, and delicious cut is one of the most commonly used meat cuts when it comes to cooking fancy dinners, this could be because of how flavorful, yet economical it is. Add to that the fact that you can easily and efficiently reheat any leftover tri tip and enjoy it one more time!
The best ways to reheat Tri-tip:
- Using the sous vide method
- Using the oven
- Using the air fryer
- On the grill
- In a crockpot
- In a saucepan
- Using the microwave
Before we get into the detailed steps of reheating this type of meat cut, it is important to know exactly what to do with the leftover Tri tip.
Since meat can’t withstand being left at room temperature without refrigeration, you will need to wrap the meat in a freezer bag or seal it in a vacuum-sealed bag to try to store the meat cut with all its juices and minimize their loss.
One critical step is pushing the air out of the freezer bag containing each individual piece of meat using your hands before refrigerating them so that they won’t take much space in the freezer and of course, to decrease the chance of meat spoilage.
I know you are probably wondering ‘how long does tri tip last in the fridge’. To answer your question. It can only last for up to 3 days in the fridge, while it can last a bit longer in the freezer, that’s why if you are not going to reheat the leftover Tri tip anytime soon, then it is better to just freeze it.
Some tips to consider before reheating the Tri-tip:
- You need to first let the leftover Tri tip out of the fridge to warm up to room temperature before attempting to reheat it.
- It is not recommended to reheat meat more than once to avoid the loss of flavor and any chance of food poisoning.
How to reheat tri-tip sous vide:
I wanted to start with what I think is the best way to reheat Tri tip. What’s special about using the sous vide method is the idea that it ensures the retaining of all the juices and the flavors of the meat. In addition to the fact that there is almost no chance of overcooking when it comes to sous vide. Impressed yet?
Wait till you see how simple it is. All it takes is just a vacuum seal bag containing the meat which will be warmed up in a pot containing boiling water.
Here are the steps of reheating Tri-tip using the sous vide:
- Place your meat cut in a vacuum-sealable bag.
- Try to release all the air in the bag by squeezing it out. Another method that you can use, is to insert a straw in the corner of the bag and seal the rest of the bag while squeezing the air through the straw, then pull the straw out and close the remaining part of the bag.
- Place a half-filled stockpot with water on a saucepan that is placed on a medium heat flame.
- Allow the water to heat for 40 to 50 minutes before you remove it from the heat.
- Serve while it is still hot and enjoy!
How to reheat tri tip in the oven:
Using the oven to reheat anything almost always guarantees the best results. And this time it is no different. The oven will freshen up your leftover Tri tip perfectly and retain all the heavenly flavors.
But bear in your mind, there is a chance that your meat can dry up in the oven unless you either leave the leftover Tri tip to marinate overnight before reheating, or drizzle some water on the baking pan before you transfer it to the oven.
Here are the steps of reheating Tri-tip in the oven:
- Drizzle some water in a baking tray and place it under a roasting rack after preheating your oven at 250 °F.
- Transfer the tri tip on top of the roasting rack.
- Allow it to reheat for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Check the internal temperature of the steak. Once it reaches 165 °F, then you are good to serve it. Enjoy the steak!
How to reheat smoked tri-tip using the oven?
Here’s another good application of the oven method when it comes to reheating Tri tip. The warming up of the smoked tri tip, which is made by using a smoker while cooking the tri tip before finally searing it.
It acquires this smoky and delicious flavor that you probably don’t want to lose after reheating the tri tip the second day.
Here are the steps to help you guide your way on reheating smoked tri-tip:
- Before anything, you will need to tightly wrap the leftover smoked tri tip in aluminum foil after adding a quarter cup of broth for each pound of meat to avoid the drying of the meat in the oven.
- Place the wrapped meat inside a preheated oven at 225 – 250 °F for 10 to 15 minutes. Check the internal temperature of the meat, if it is still not hot enough, then return it back to the oven for an extra 5 minutes.
- Once it is reheated enough, take it out of the oven. Let it rest for two minutes to soak up all its flavorful moisture. Serve and enjoy!
How to reheat tri tip in Air fryer:
I just LOVE using the Air fryer in absolutely anything. I mean, have you seen how easy, fast, and healthy this thing actually is?
Nothing can ever beat this simple method of warming up the Tri tip.
I prefer using the Air fryer than the microwave, as it will result in a moist, filled with juices meat cut.
Here are the steps of reheating Tri-tip in the Air fryer:
- Place your Tri tip meat into the Air fryer tray.
- Transfer the tray to the Air fryer after setting its temperature at 375 °F.
- Allow it to warm up at this temperature for 3 minutes.
- If the internal temperature didn’t reach 110 – 130, then return the tray back to the Air fryer for another minute.
- Serve and enjoy while it is still hot!
How to reheat tri-tip on the grill:
Yup, that’s right. You can grill your tri tip meat to reheat it. Or just use the microwave grill. In either case, you will need to wrap your tri tip steak with aluminum foil to prevent any moisture loss.
An even better tip is not placing the aluminum wrapped meat on direct flame but rather away from the flame. Of course, it will be a tiny bit too slow till it reaches the desired warmness, yet the meat will be juicy and tastes exactly like the freshly made one.
Here are the steps of reheating Tri-tip on the grill:
- Place the tightly wrapped in aluminum foil tri tip steak on an indirect flame on the grill.
- Use anything to cover the meat while it is warming up to decrease the amount of warm air from escaping.
- Check the internal temperature of the meat, once it is done, remove and enjoy!
How to reheat tri-tip in a crockpot:
The amazing thing about using a crockpot to warm up any type of meat is the fact that there is a very low chance for the meat to dry while it is being reheated, due to the different heat settings that you have in the crockpot.
But, you have to add any type of liquid with the meat like gravy, meat broth, or even some water to help retain the moisture of the meat.
Here are the steps of reheating Tri-tip in a crockpot:
- Connect the crockpot to electricity, then adjust its settings to “Warm”.
- Align the tri tip meat parts in the crockpot, then add in a half cup of each, water and gravy.
- Allow the meat to warm after covering the lid of the pot for two to four hours.
- Serve while it is still hot!
How to reheat tri-tip in the saucepan:
Using the saucepan to reheat the tri tip kind of resembles the crockpot in a way, you will still need to add gravy or water while is meat is warming up to avoid its drying, but it is still easier than the crockpot method.
This method is specifically perfect for the sliced Tri tip as it is simple and fast.
Here are the steps of reheating Tri-tip in a saucepan:
- Put the saucepan on medium heat after pouring half a cup of gravy inside it.
- Allow the gravy to heat till it forms small bubbles that will travel to the surface of the gravy.
- When the gravy is warm enough, add in the tri tip slices, and cover the saucepan with its lid.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, uncover the lid and flip the meat then recover it again.
- Allow the other side to heat for another 10 minutes or until the meat is warm enough.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to reheat tri-tip in the microwave:
If you are in hurry, then the microwave will probably be your go-to, as it is one of the quickest methods used to warm up leftover meat in general.
However, the microwave has a high tendency to dry the meat, that’s why it is important to either wrap the tri tip with an oven bag before you transfer it to the microwave or to specifically make a wet bread bed for your steak so that it doesn’t dry up.
The wet bread bed allows steam to be formed in the microwave that will pass through the meat moisturizing it.
Here are the steps of reheating Tri-tip in the microwave:
- Start by wrapping your tri tip in an oven bag.
- Place the wrapped meat in the microwave and set it to “Medium” heat.
- Allow the meat to heat for a few minutes, then flip the steak and return it back in the oven for another minute.
- Serve when it is hot enough and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions:
How long should I reheat a tri-tip roast?
It really depends on the method you eventually chose to warm up your tri tip steak. However, the sous vide method usually takes the most time when used, which could be from 5 minutes to 6 hours, while the stovetop only takes a few minutes.
How to reheat tri tip without drying out?
Make sure to add some extra moisture, either gravy or broth when you are using the saucepan or the crockpot. While you should tightly wrap the meat if you are going to transfer it to the oven. And avoid overheating the meat or elevating the temperature for a long time. These are the most important tips when it comes to reheating any meat in general.
How long should I reheat tri-tip using the sous vide method?
We can’t really put a definite time when it comes to reheating the tri tip using the sous vide, and that’s because it solely depends on the thickness of the meat and the initial temperature of it before reheating.
For example, as the meat size increase by one pound, the time taken for it to reheat will increase four times. Same goes with its initial temperature, the colder it was initially, the longer it’s going to take in the sous vide. Our usual range is from 5 minutes – 6 hours.
How to reheat medium rare tri-tip?
Definitely go with the sous vide method. As it is the best method that will guarantee you the retention of the juices, as well as, the flavor and the doneness of the meat.
Can you reheat tri-tip?
Before you consider the different reheating methods of the Tri top steak, you have to first make sure it is stored properly like the steps discussed at the beginning of this article.
Bear in your mind that any reheating method can lead to the loss of moisture of my leftover Tri tip. That’s why it is important to monitor it carefully and follow the simple tips I mentioned with each method.
If you are in hurry and want to choose the quickest method, then you should definitely go with either the microwave or, what I prefer, the Air fryer method. In case any of these two kitchen appliances are not available, then the saucepan on the stovetop method will suffice.
As we agreed before, the sous vide is the most preferred method of reheating the tri tip, simply because, it retains all the luscious flavors of the meat within its juices. However, both the oven and the grill are my second best ones to use.
All in all, it really just depends on you and whatever you prefer to use, whether you are in a hurry or have the time of the world, following any of these methods should give you a delicious and juicy reheated Tri tip leftover steak!
Related Reheating Posts:
How to reheat Tempura? – Step By Step
How To Reheat Tater Tots!? The Ultimate Guide
How to Reheat Chicken Fried Steak in 6 Sizzling Ways
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.