For all the seafood lovers out there and all the Sriracha sauce addicts, this recipe will be your new favorite dish, where it combines the rich flavor of the shrimp with the spiciness of the sriracha, finished off with some honey giving a hint of sweetness.
I can literally go on and on about how tasty this dish is, but enough teasing for now.
Sriracha shrimp recipe
- 1 lb of cleaned, peeled medium-sized shrimps
- 2 tablespoons of sriracha sauce ( you can add more if you like)
- ¼ cup of honey
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter ( for extra rich, buttery shrimp)
- First off, we’re going to prepare our heavenly sauce by mixing the sriracha with the honey, vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic in a bowl. This sauce will be used for both marinating the shrimp and later on as a dipping sauce.
- There isn’t exactly a standard proportion for the ingredients of the sauce. It really should be according to what you prefer. So you are free to use more honey for extra sweetness or more sriracha for more spiciness!
- Then in a plastic bag or a container, we mix half of the sauce with the shrimp and leave it to marinate. Ideally, it should be left for 30-60 minutes, but 10 minutes should be okay too if you’re in a hurry.
- it’s better to use raw shrimps that are left to thaw prior to cooking the meal than using the precooked type.
- Now, all we need is to cook our shrimp. In a frying pan, add the vegetable oil and wait till it’s hot enough, then put the shrimp without the marinating sauce. Add the rest of the prepared sauce and cook over medium to high heat flame.
- The marinated shrimps can result in an equally delicious outcome when they are grilled for a bbq!
- Flip each shrimp on each side for 2 minutes each, till they are cooked with rose color and curled ends. It should take from 3-4 minutes.
- Move the shrimps to a plate.
- No, we’re not done yet. We will leave the sauce to heat for few minutes till it thickens enough, then we return back the shrimps to the pan and give them a good mix.
- Dish up into a serving plate, sprinkle some green onions. ENJOY.
Try other dinner delicious recipes
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.