Here’s a new and easy-to-make at-home recipe from the Peruvian kitchen. It’s a simple yet delicious dish made of French fries and beef sausages merged together in a heavenly dish. It’s so easy to make and perfect for any gathering, game night, or even a party!
Some tips to consider when making this recipe:
- Leaving the potato strips in cold water allows water to wash off all the excess starch making the fries crispier. Also, double frying the potatoes gives a much crispier outcome.
- The temperature of the oil is an important factor that needs to be controlled for the best French fries.
- When frying the potato strips, make sure the pan is not overcrowded. Fry them in batches if necessary.
- Baking the fries instead of deep frying them will give you a healthier alternative. However, they won’t be crispy.
- You can substitute beef sausages for pork, chicken sausages, or hotdogs.
How to Make Salchipapas Recipe
All the ingredients needed for this recipe
- 2 russet potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste ( you can use salt only)
- 6 beef sausages
Optional for serving
- Garlic Aoili
To make the best French fries
- Start by slicing the washed and peeled potatoes into 1/2 –inch thin strips.
- Leave the potato strips in a bowl filled with cold water for at least an hour. It is preferred to leave it overnight.
- Wash the potato strips twice with cold water. With paper towels, dry each strip well. Into a hot boiling oil at 325 degrees, put your dried strips to fry. Leave the potato strips for 3 minutes or until they are soft, then take them off the oil into paper towels to draw off the extra oil.
- Return the fries back in the hot oil after raising their temperature to 400 degrees. Fry them for 3-5 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Take them off the oil onto some paper towels. Sprinkle some salt while they are still hot.
- Start preparing your sausages by cutting them into bite-sized pieces.
- Transfer the sausage pieces to a hot pan on medium heat.
- Leave them to cook for 10-15 minutes while occasionally flipping each piece to make sure it’s cooked from all sides.
Assembling the dish
- Mix in the French fries with the cooked sausages in the pan.
- Serve the dish with the sauces on the side. Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Julie, the passionate foodie and founder of Juliesfamilykitchen.com. I created this blog out of a drive to prove someone wrong, and then I realized how much I truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. In my free time, when I’m not running around after my kids or spending quality time with my partner, you can usually find me in the kitchen experimenting with new dishes.