The bad news is, it is not advisable to freeze Semolina pudding. Simply because, it is not a freezer-friendly food, as it tends to separate upon freezing because of the amount of milk present in the mix. Once the mixture separates, it is hard to bring it back together, especially because it turns into a mushy and watery mess.
You are welcome to try and freeze it if you want. Just make sure to leave enough room in the container for it to expand in the freezer. Also, don’t place it in the freezer, except when it cools enough first.
What is semolina pudding?
A lot of people connect this dish to their childhood, as it was served as part of dinner in most of the schools found in the U.K, the same as rice pudding. It is best enjoyed when made straight from the stove or freshly baked out of the oven.
It is the simplest and most amazing dessert out there. Made of semolina, sugar, and milk, usually topped with some fresh fruits, cinnamon, and jam.
Its amazingly mushy and soft texture makes it a perfect baby food when no sugar or additives are added.
Alternatives to freezing semolina pudding
Here are some things you can do in case you have made too much Semolina pudding and don’t want to throw them away.
- It is better to try to make just the right amount for you and for your family instead of having to refrigerate or throw away the extra delicious Semolina pudding. So, you can try halving the recipe in two if you found it to be too much.
- Share your freshly made Semolina pudding with neighbors or friends.
- Try new and different toppings instead of the regular ones, like lemon curd or chocolate spread instead of jam. Different fruit toppings such as mixed berries, peaches or sultanas also are a good choice to mix things up a bit.
- Try using food sharing apps like Olio!
How long can semolina pudding last in the refrigerator?
Semolina pudding can last in the fridge for a period of 2 to 3 days and not longer. You can either enjoy it cold or reheat it.
Can you reheat semolina pudding?
Yes. In fact, you have plenty of ways to successfully bring your refrigerated Semolina pudding back to life.
- Using the oven: Place the Semolina pudding on a baking tray. Cover the tray with tinfoil to prevent the pudding from drying in the oven. Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at “Low” and wait for the Semolina pudding to become piping hot.
- Using the stove top: Just pour your Semolina pudding into a pan and place the pan on the stovetop and adjust the heat to “Low”. You can add extra milk if you feel that your pudding is too thick.
- Using the microwave: It is the fastest method to reheat your Semolina pudding. All you have got to do is just place the pudding on a microwavable plate. Transfer the plate to the microwave. Adjust the power to “High” Allow it to heat for 40 seconds. If the pudding is not piping hot by that time, leave it for an extra 15 seconds at intervals.
Can You Freeze Raw Sweet Potatoes?
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.