It’s almost unbelievable how easy and simple it is to make such a warm and delicious home-cooked meal. All you need is to dump all your ingredients in a large pot before leaving for work, only to come back for a mouthwatering aroma and a perfect dinner.
This recipe is suitable for all the keto followers out there, it has a low carb percentage, gluten-free, and paleo when using the right BBQ sauce.
How to cook Crock Pot Pork Shoulder
- 3 lb of pork shoulder (skinless and boneless)
- ½ large sized onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt and one of pepper
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce
- First, you need to clean your meat from any fat or skin. It doesn’t really differ much whether it’s boneless or not. Wash it with a small amount of water and dry it well with a paper towel.
- Extra care should be taken when cooking pork loin or pork tenderloin to avoid their overcooking
- In the case of using frozen pork meat, you need to leave the meat to that first, don’t cook it frozen!
- Now for the spices. Mix them in a small bowl, then massage the meat with spices well, making sure it’s well coated.
- Add the chopped onions to the bottom of the slow cooker and, on top, the spiced meat.
- Add the BBQ sauce.
- Any sauce can be used in this step, whichever you prefer.
- Using any drink is also an option instead of the sauce. Coke, beer, Dr. Pepper, or even pineapple juice for some Hawaiian Pork.
- It’s time for the cooking!
- Adjust the settings on ‘Low,’ then close the lid and leave the cooker for 8 hours till the meat softens.
- You can adjust the settings on ‘High’ and leave it for 5-6 hours only.
- Some of the fat can be reduced by removing it manually with a spoon from the surface when the soap is cooled a bit.
- When the pork is done, move it to a plate, let it rest for 15 minutes. Using two forks, start shredding them into small pieces.
- Add your favorite sauce on top and serve with tacos or buns!
- Any leftover can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days in a well-closed container and two months in the freezer.
Other dinner recipes you’ll love
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.