Oh my, these luscious lemony cookies filled with apricot chunks and white chocolate chips are absolutely dreamy. Soft and very slightly chewy, they’re crammed full of delicious and tantalising flavours that make these cookies a real joy to eat. I definitely recommend serving the Apricot, Lemon and White Chocolate Cookies with a pot of your favourite tea for a delightful afternoon tea treat.
If you’re thinking of baking something for mum this coming Mother’s day then these delightful cookies would make a wonderful edible gift.
Here’s the recipe for Apricot, Lemon and White Chocolate Cookies.
Ingredients (Makes 16)
175g unsalted butter (softened)
100g caster sugar
100g white chocolate chips
50g dried apricots (chopped in 5mm pieces)
zest of 2 small lemons
225g plain flour
1. Cream together the butter and sugar together until thoroughly combined.
2. Mix in the white chocolate chips, dried apricot pieces and lemon zest.
3. Add the flour and mix until the mixture becomes a dough.
4. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
5. Divide the cookie dough into 16 pieces, roll each piece into a ball. Then, place the balls of cookie dough on the lined baking sheet and flatten until about 1cm thick. Smooth the edges of the cookies with your hands if they are cracked.
6. Place both the baking sheets in the fridge to allow the uncooked cookies to firm up, chill for at least 1 hour.
7. Pre heat the oven to Fan 160c.
8. Oven bake the cookies for about 20 minutes, the cookies will be pale gold when cooked. Don’t over bake as they will lose their soft texture.
9. Once cooked remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
I’ve linked up this recipe to #CookBlogShare with Supergolden Bakes.