Chocolate rice pudding for one
Learn how to make the not-so-traditional chocolate-flavored rice pudding with the easiest steps and best taste.
- ¼ cup of long grain rice
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ½ tablespoon of cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract (Crème de Cacao can be used instead)
- 2 tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips
In a 1-quart saucepan, Mix the rice, milk, sugar, and salt. Put the pan on medium heat and occasionally stir until the rice is fully cooked and the pudding is thick. It should take about 20 minutes.
After removing the pan from heat, add in the cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Followed by the chocolate chips with stirring till it melts completely.
Pour the mix into a bowl and leave it to cool for 10 minutes. It should be served warm.
- The use of a pinch of chili powder flakes with the chocolate can add the perfect spicy and sweet combination to the taste.
- You can make your own vegan version of this dessert by using almond milk and vegan chocolate.
- The use of bittersweet chocolate instead of semisweet one can decrease the intensity of sweetness of the pudding.