How to make chocolate pudding without cornstarch recipe
Learn all the detailed steps of making the delicious chocolate pudding without the need of cornstarch, and with the perfect result.
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 3 teaspoons of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
Mix the flour, cocoa powder, and sugar in a saucepan.
Add to the saucepan the eggs one by one with continuous stirring until a thick paste is formed.
Smoothen the mix by adding the milk and whisking it.
Transfer the saucepan to a medium flame and bring to a simmer till the pudding is thick, then add the butter and vanilla extract to smoothen it.
Pour the pudding into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to prevent the formation of the skin on the top of the pudding. Chill for 1-2 hours.
Serve and enjoy!
- The best milk to be used in this recipe is whole milk for optimum consistency. However, you can use almond, cashew milk, or coconut milk as a dairy-free alternative.
- Make sure not to skip the mixing step of the dry ingredients and the whisking of the milk with the ingredients to avoid any lump formation.
- It’s not typical, but you can substitute the eggs by adding an extra 4 oz of chocolate. It will result in a thick, flavorful pudding!