With summer coming up, we ought to have some delicious and refreshing summer desserts. Let me introduce to you this cool and tasty summer treat that will impress everyone at any party or a get-together. Watermelon jello shots. Impressed yet?
Well, in case you’re not, then give me another chance. In addition to its fruity and refreshing taste, there is a pinch of vodka in it that goes really well with the jello and the strawberries. But of course, there is a kid-friendly version with the same delightful taste minus the vodka.
How to Make Watermelon Jello Shots
- A large watermelon
- 1 ½ sliced strawberries
- 1 mango
- cup of red grapes
- cup sliced melon
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 ½ cups of cold water
- 3 teaspoons of unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 ½ cups of boiling water
- Start by cutting your watermelon in halves. We only need the shell, so scoop out the flesh of one half. (you can eat the flesh or make a delicious watermelon juice)
- Mix the sliced fruits with the vodka in the empty half of the watermelon.
- Prepare your gelatin by mixing the gelatin powder with the cold water in a small bowl. Add in the boiling water while whisking the mix until all the gelatin dissolve.
- Pour the mix all over the fruits making sure to cover them well with the gelatin. Refrigerate the fruits overnight.
- Slice the watermelon into adequate sliced pieces. Serve and enjoy!
Check other dessert recipes
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.