Craving an appetizing, yet refreshing drink during the sunny hot summer days?
I got the perfect drink for you, Violet drink Starbucks. One of Starbucks’ best drinks. I mean, who doesn’t love its vibrant violet color, a result of a mix of both blackberries and hibiscus tea along with the coconut milk.
With this recipe, you can make your own healthy version of the signature Starbucks violet drink with a much cheaper price and perfect result. Don’t forget that it’s a dairy-free drink, perfect for all the lactose-intolerant people out there!
Some important tips:
- In case of using green coffee beans, you have to remove the capsules and use the powder inside. You can eliminate the green coffee beans altogether if you prefer a decaffeinated drink.
- It need to be served immediately before the separation of the coconut milk from the tea.
- The ratio between the hibiscus and the coconut milk affects the color of the drink. For more purple color, mix in blueberry juice.
Frequently asked questions:
Does the violent drink taste good?
Its taste is definitely balanced, between the sweetness and light texture of the drink itself. Certainly not sour or disagreeable like some of the other refreshers.
Amount of caffeine in this drink?
It has less caffeine in comparison to other refreshers, which usually have about 55mg of caffeine. This one with green coffee beans contains about 45 mg.
Is this drink considered healthy?
Theoretically, it’s not the healthiest drink out there, but it’s still considered somehow healthy, as its base is basically hibiscus mixed with vitamin C, green coffee beans and a little sugar. It does contain saturated fats in the coconut milk, but it’s also rich in Vitamin A and D.
How do you usually order a Starbucks violet drink?
Just order a blend of very berry hibiscus refresher with coconut milk and a scoop of blackberries and you will have yourself this creamy, flavorful beverage.
How many calories are in the violet drink?
It mostly contains carbohydrates (78%), yielding a total of 110 calories in the Starbucks grande cup.
How to Make Violet Drink Starbucks Copycat Drink
- 1 hibiscus tea bag
- A cup of hot water
- ¾ cup of coconut milk
- A scoop of fresh blackberries (you can use freeze-dried blackberries)
- Ice cubes
- ½ teaspoon of green coffee beans (optional)
- A tablespoon of syrup (you can substitute syrup with sugar)
- Prepare the hibiscus tea by putting the tea bag in a cup filled with boiling water.
- Proceed by adding the green coffee extract to the tea. Let it steep for 5 minutes, then move it to the fridge to chill.
- In a cocktail shaker that contains ice cubes, add the coconut milk and the tea mix.
- Start shaking the shaker vigorously with both hands for 30 seconds. This step is essential to prevent the coconut milk from curding from the acidity of the hibiscus tea.
- Fill a glass with blackberries and ice cubes. Pour the strained hibiscus mix into the glass. Decorate it with more blackberries and enjoy!
More Copycat Recipes
Homemade Strawberry Acai Refresher Recipe
Best S’mores Frap Starbucks Copycat Recipe
Best Green Drink Starbucks Copycat Recipe
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.