Soup is a great way of getting your five-a-day veggies, all in one hearty bowl with minimal effort. Chorizo and white bean make a really filling soup recipe, especially if you are looking for an interesting alternative to tomato soup.
Our twist on a Spanish bean soup with chorizo is bursting with flavors. Adding Chorizo to any dish instantly brings a rich, salty flavor which perfectly complements the smoky tomato sauce and melt-in-your-mouth haricot white beans and black beans. Simply a Mexican delight.
It’s a really easy dish to prepare with, serve it hot with some crusty white bread and enjoy!
Chorizo Bean Soup Recipe
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (very finely chopped)
- 75g diced cooking chorizo
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ dried oregano
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 500g passata
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes (best quality)
- 200ml cold water
- 400g haricot beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- sea salt and black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over high heat, throw the diced chorizo and cook for a minute to crispen the edges of the chorizo.
- Reduce to medium heat, peel, and dice the onion before adding it in the pan to soften.
- Stir in the paprika, mixed herbs, and chili flakes, then stir in the remaining ingredients; passata, tinned tomatoes, water, black pepper, and both of the beans.
- Increase the heat and bring to a rolling simmer, then put on the lid cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 45 minutes, remove the lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!