Nothing beats a delicious Asian dish, specifically Teriyaki chicken.
The best part about this recipe is its sweat and flavorsome homemade Teriyaki sauce. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this dish. It will literally take you 15 minutes to have a complete plate of deliciousness!
Some tips to consider
- You can store any leftovers in a freezer bag for up to 4 days in the refrigerator and reheat them when needed.
- You can control the sweetness of the sauce by decreasing the honey or sugar added. Also, you can use low sodium soy sauce for a more healthy meal.
- For an authentic Teriyaki sauce, you can use mirin and sake with the soy sauce in a 1:1:1 ratio.
- Chicken breasts can be substituted by chicken thighs in this recipe. Cut them into 1-inch pieces for easier and much quicker cooking.
- For a Teriyaki chicken pineapple dish, add pineapples with the chicken while it’s cooking. Serve it with brown rice for a healthy alternative.
How to Cook Teriyaki Chicken Bowls Recipe
For the Teriyaki chicken
- 1 ½ pound of cubed chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey (you can substitute it with sugar)
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar (you can use apple cider)
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Steamed rice
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, corn starch, and ginger (optional ingredient) together to make the Teriyaki sauce.
- Add oil to a pan and put the pan on medium-high heat.
- Onto the pan, transfer the chicken breasts once hot. Frey the breasts for few minutes till each side is browned enough.
- Add in the sauce made, mix well until it’s thickened enough.
- Dish up the chicken with steamed rice and broccoli. Enjoy!