This easy vanilla cupcake recipe is the perfect go-to for any celebration occasion (or just a Sunday afternoon treat!) Best of all it is super simple to make.
It’s difficult to find a really good, basic cupcake recipe. Often recipes are over-complicated or just not quite up to standard. The search ends here! This easy recipe makes light, fluffy, and perfectly shaped mini cupcakes. The basis of this recipe is built on ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
Patience is the key to this bake. Each ingredient should be mixed into the batter before adding the next. This creates an aerated, light cupcake sponge, without sour cream which many recipes opt for to achieve the same texture.
Sometimes there is nothing better than a classic, vanilla buttercream frosting. For this mini cupcake recipe, you can even add sweeties or colored candies onto the icing for extra decoration. Making these cupcakes a fool-proof guaranteed crowd-pleaser for any occasion!
Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- 320g unsalted butter (softened)
- 320g caster sugar
- 6 medium eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 320g self raising flour (sifted)
- 4 tablespoons semi skimmed milk
- 400g unsalted butter (softened)
- 800g icing sugar (sifted)
- 2 aspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk
- Haribo or other jelly sweets
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 400F. Line your muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- Either in a stand mixer or a large bowl with a wooden spoon, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light, pale and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and milk, then pour one-third of this mixture into the butter and sugar and stir to combine. Repeat this with the remaining two-thirds.
- Gradually add one-third of the flour and fold to combine, repeat this with the remaining two-thirds until all ingredients are mixed.
- Divide your mixture into the muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. When cooked, they should be golden and springy to touch. Leave the cakes to cool in the tins for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the meantime, make the buttercream by beating together the butter and icing sugar until the mixture is light and airy.
- Pour in the vanilla and milk, if the mixture is too stiff, add a drop more milk.
- Using a piping bag or simply use teaspoons decorate each cupcake with icing and enjoy!