Strawberry and Banana is a classic mix for a smoothie, I grew up drinking this every summer when I was still a kid! Perfect at any time of the day be it for a hot summer, post-workout drink, or even for a regular day! It is very refreshing, packed with nutritional goodness and everyone loves it! Who doesn’t? my kids even enjoy and look for it.
This smoothie is so easy to make that I usually prepare it daily, became a household staple the first time I made it. The ingredients are very easy to find and always available in the grocery. You will never have a hard time making this smoothie over and over again.
Note: If strawberries are not in season, just replace it with frozen strawberries. I myself can hardly tell the difference.
Check out my recipe below and hope you’ll love it as much as we do!
Strawberry and Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 250g strawberries
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- Remove the core of the strawberries including the stems.
- Peel and chop the bananas into chunks.
- Place the fruits into a blender then add yogurt, water and honey.
- Puree until smooth and best consumed immediately.