As a busy mom and wife, I keep on finding ways to cook scrumptious food for my family even if time is my enemy. My criteria for this are: It should be uncomplicated, fast and of course the most important of all, delicious.
Making pasta will always be my reliable dish, ingredients are easy to find and save you bucks! I have a stash of different kinds of dried pasta in our pantry and believe me all you need is a good 15 minutes for cooking, and the meal of the day is ready.
My family loves spicy food, I was very thrilled while making this recipe. It turned out very spicy but very flavorful! But don’t worry, you can always adjust the heat according to your spice level or totally discard the chili flakes for your kids. This is perfect for cold days when warmth is all we need!
Spicy Chorizo and Spinach Pasta Recipe
- 100g spirali pasta
- 50g cubed cooking chorizo
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Black pepper
- In a pot with salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water.
- Using another pan, render the chorizo and sauté until crisp.
- Add cooked pasta in the pan of chorizo.
- Add the spinach, chili flakes, freshly cracked black pepper and some of the pasta water.
- While still on heat, stir well and cook until the spinach is wilted. Serve immediately!