Did you know that you can even cook chicken wings with Sous vide?
Yup, that’s right, even the chicken wings! I mean, it doesn’t get better than that, believe me. No more oil mess, as you don’t have to deep fry them, but that’s not the best part. The wings will be juicy, delicate, and filled with flavors!
And of course, it will still be crispy, as it will be broiled after its cooking in the sous vide and coated with the delicious homemade buffalo sauce so that you will have the best crispy buffalo chicken wings!
Some tips for this recipe
- The chicken is normally ready after 1.5 hours when cooked at 165°F. However, you can obtain a more soft texture if cooked at 160°F (71°C) for 2.5 hours. You can leave it for up to 4 hours in the cooker, but no longer to avoid the worsening of the texture.
- You can Sous Vide frozen chicken wings simply by increasing cooking time by 30 minutes. Make sure the wings are not frozen together and rather separated to be evenly cooked.
- The cooked chicken wings with sous vide might have some pink hues around the bones. That’s completely fine. They are not raw as long as the internal temperature is 165F.
- Mixing the honey and butter in the buffalo sauce helps in decreasing the intensity of the spicy flavor of the hot sauce.
How to Cook Sous Vide Chicken Wings Recipe
For chicken wings
- 3 pounds of chicken wings
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
For the buffalo sauce
- 1 cup of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- To prepare the Sous vide, you will first need to fill its container with water, then adjust the temperature to 165°F (74°C) with the precision cooker. Leave it to preheat.
- Prepare the seasoning of the chicken by mixing the salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Season your chicken in a zip-lock bag. Ensure proper coverage of the chicken by the spices.
- Now, for the ‘Water displacement’ technique, close the bag containing the chicken wings completely except one corner to allow air to come out. Dip the bag in a water-filled container, keeping the zip-line above the water surface. Close the zip-line completely.
- Dip the bag completely in the Sous Vide container. Leave it to cook for 1.5 hours.
- When the time is over, remove the chicken from the bag. With paper towels, dry both sides completely.
- Prepare the buffalo sauce by mixing the hot sauce, butter, honey, and garlic powder.
- Spread half the sauce on the chicken wings well. Transfer the wings to a baking tray and put it under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until they are crispy.
- Serve them with the rest of the buffalo sauce for dipping and enjoy!
More Delicious Dinner Recipes
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.