Every girl needs a beautiful pink birthday cake and this pink vanilla birthday cake certainly delivers. Topped with vibrant icing, fresh sweet raspberries, and of course loads of sprinkles.
The filling is made of a rich, creamy vanilla buttercream combined with raspberry jam. Topped with pink fondant icing, sugar decorations, and fresh raspberries.
If you are wondering how to make pink fondant, it is easy to buy ready-made fondant and mix it with some hot water to loosen it then stir in your red food coloring.
Cake decorating is so much fun and a girl’s birthday party is the perfect excuse to get creative!
PRETTY PINK BIRTHDAY CAKE
- 100g unsalted butter (very soft)
- 200g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 200g fondant icing sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon cooled boiled water
- Red gel food color
- Pink sugar decorations
- For the buttercream filling, beat the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract together until pale and creamy.
- Spread the buttercream on the top of one of your prepared sponges. On the base of the other sponge, add the raspberry jam, using a hot butter knife to evenly spread.
- Put the sponges together so the jam and buttercream sandwich together.
- For the fondant topping, in a bowl add the fondant icing with the red food coloring and some of the water, adding more if needed to create a loose but thick consistency.
- Pour the icing over the cake covering the top and sides.
- Decorate the cake with the sugar decorations, gently pressing into the icing to stick. Do the same for the raspberries. Leave the cake to set before serving.