My absolute favorite pork meat is the smooth and rich pork tails, specifically the braised pork tails. They are slowly cooked in a delicious and heavenly soup with all the spices, enriching its flavor and richens it. This recipe is probably the easiest and most delicious one for cooking the tender, delicate, and flavorful meat cut. However, it might take you some time to cook but believe me. It’s so worth it!
Easy Braised Pig’s Tail (Sticky Pork Tail Recipe)
- 1 ½ pound of pig’s tail cut into chunks
- Sliced 1-inch ginger
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup of cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (A mix of 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce is the best)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 4 star anises
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Water as needed
- It’s important to first clean the tail from any hair by rinsing it, then cut it into small chunks.
- The second step in cleaning is putting the chunks of tail into a pot filled with cold water, then boil the water for 10 minutes and drain it. Clean the tails from any foam residues.
- Into a large pan on medium heat drizzled with oil, add the garlic, ginger slices, and green onions.
- After 1 minute of constant stirring, add the pig tail chunks, star anises, sugar, soy sauce, and cooking wine to the pan.
- Fill the pan with water so that the chunks are fully submerged.
- Wait for the water to boil, then lower the heat, cover the pan with the lid, and let them simmer for 1 hour or until the tail chunks are tender enough.
- When they are tender enough, remove the lid and raise the temperature to thicken the rich and flavorful sauce. To fasten the thickening process, you can add slurry made of 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in half a cup of water.
- Taste test to check the saltiness of the sauce. Add more salt if needed. Serve immediately!
- Cooking wine enhances the flavor and richness of the sauce. You can use beer instead.
- Add the salt only after thickening the sauce.
Related Dinner Recipes
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.