These delicious vegetable flatbread pizzas are the perfect family dinner recipe. They are so quick to throw together and super versatile to mix up ingredients depending on what you have in your fridge!
Making pizza dough is daunting and very time-consuming. That’s why our cheats recipe uses flatbreads. These are a great substitute when looking for a quick meal as they are pre-cooked and will hold all your toppings, just like pizza.
The secret to this recipe is our homemade tomato sauce. It’s rich and herby and can be made ahead of time, just store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Or better yet, double up the quantities and freeze the sauce for up to 2 months.
The great thing about this recipe is that once you have the flatbread and sauce, the toppings can be mixed up making this a great way to get kids to eat more vegetables. It will soon become your go-to meal.
- 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- M&S Oval Flatbreads (twin pack)
- 50g grated hard mozzarella cheese
- Small handful of frozen sliced peppers
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 425F. Line a baking tray with a non-stick sheet or parchment paper.
- Cut your peppers and zucchini into thin slices, place them on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes to soften slightly as you make the sauce.
- To make the tomato sauce, mince the garlic and soften over low heat in a medium saucepan with the oil.
- After a minute or so, add the tomatoes along with the herbs, vinegar, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce (if using) and stir to combine.
- Increase the heat to a rolling simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every so often.
- In the meantime, remove the peppers and zucchini slices from the oven and transfer to a plate.
- Lay the flatbreads on your baking tray, once the sauce is cooked, spread the tomato sauce over the flatbreads leaving a crust edge.
- Sprinkle on the mozzarella, layer on the vegetable slices, and finish with the basil leaves.
- Place the tray back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. The cheese will have melted and the edges will have began to crisp.