Time to get impressed with yet another Key lime pie recipe. Last time it was the delicious Mango key lime tart, this time, I thought we should add extra sweetness. Instead of mangos, we will go with Oreo key lime pie!
Let me just tell you how amazing the oreos go with the zesty taste of the key limes. Both together make the perfect pie filling.
How To Make Key Lime Pie Oreo
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 2 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup of key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of lime zest (about 2 regular limes)
- 1 tub of thawed frozen whipped topping
- Crumble half the oreos into small crumbs using a stand mixer. Mix the oreo crumbs with the melted butter.
- Spread the oreo crust on the bottom of a 9” pan evenly, making sure it forms a compact bottom layer.
- Cut each of the remaining 12 oreos into halves. Align each half around the bottom in a circle shape.
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and 2-1/2 teaspoons of lime zest with a whisk in a bowl. Add in the whipped cream and mix together till a smooth consistency of the filling is formed.
- Spread the filling on the crust. Sprinkle some lemon zest for decoration. Leave it in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
Hi, I’m Julie, the passionate foodie and founder of Juliesfamilykitchen.com. I created this blog out of a drive to prove someone wrong, and then I realized how much I truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. In my free time, when I’m not running around after my kids or spending quality time with my partner, you can usually find me in the kitchen experimenting with new dishes.