Home-cooked meals can be a bit of a challenge, especially if you work long hours. By the time you come home, you’re most certainly too drained to cook a proper meal.
That’s why this homemade microwave mac and cheese recipe might be your new go-to!
It only takes one large microwaveable bowl, few ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry, and 15 minutes max and you will have yourself one big heavenly microwave mac and cheese bowl!
SOME TIPS FOR MAKING BEST MICROWAVE MAC AND CHEESE
- Put your ingredients in a slightly larger bowl than its content to avoid their overflow, as the pasta will expand when cooked.
- Whole milk will enhance the richness and flavor of the dish.
- Using larger pasta than the curved macaroni can take a longer time to be fully cooked.
- Before adding the milk and the rest of the ingredients in step 2, make sure all the pasta water is absorbed to avoid runny sauce instead of a creamy one.
- You can easily make my type of ‘edible plate’ by carving into a regular bread loaf from the bakery.
- You are free to add any other vegetables or leftover chicken to the plate if you like.
That’s it. That’s all it takes to make a warm and delicious homemade meal from beginning to end. No more excuses for take-outs, go ahead and try it out; you won’t regret it!
How To Cook mac and cheese in a mug?
Now that we have discussed the easy and simple Microwave Mac and Cheese. Time to share with you one more surprise. Mac and cheese mug!
I think you’ve guessed it by now. Yup. That’s right. You can make a one-person portion of Mac and Cheese in a cup using a microwave that literally won’t take you more than a few minutes.
- ⅓ cup (28g/1oz) of pasta
- ¾ cup (175ml/6fl oz) of water, preferably cold
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch (aka cornflour)
- 4 tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper for seasoning
Steps of making:
- Bring out your biggest mug. Add your macaroni and water to the mug.
- Place your mug in the microwave and allow it to microwave for about 3.5 minutes until the macaroni cooks perfectly. This could vary from one microwave to another according to the power of the microwave.
- Drain the macaroni from the water once it is done.
Add in the cornstarch, milk, and grated cheese. Mix well before you transfer it back to the microwave for another 60 seconds to make the delicious, creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper and that’s it!
How to Make Microwave Mac And Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of curved macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- Red pepper flakes (for garnish)
- Add the curved macaroni, water, and salt together in a large bowl and then into the microwave. Check your bowl every 2 minutes, and mix the content well to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the bowl. The cooking time of the pasta in this step will depend on the efficiency of your microwave, so it’s better to regularly monitor the pasta in the bowl every 2 minutes until it’s cooked.
- Mix in the garlic powder, milk, broccoli, and of course, the main ingredient, cheese. Then return back to the microwave for 30 seconds or until the cheese is fully melted and creamy.
- Pour the bowl’s content into a regular plate, or what I prefer to use, an ‘edible plate’ bread bowl. Sprinkle on top the red pepper flakes or any toppings you’d like.
Another Lovely Dinner Recipes:
Pull Apart Pizza Bread
Oven baked chicken breast recipe
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.