Home-cooked meals can be a bit of a challenge, especially if you work long hours. By the time you come home, you’re most certainly too drained to cook a proper meal.
That’s why this Mac and Cheese recipe might be your new go-to!
It only takes one large microwaveable bowl, few ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry, and 15 minutes max to prepare this heavenly meal.
SOME TIPS FOR MAKING BEST MICROWAVE MAC AND CHEESE
- Put your ingredients in a slightly larger bowl than its content to avoid their overflow, as the pasta will expand when cooked.
- Whole milk will enhance the richness and flavor of the dish.
- Using larger pasta than the curved macaroni can take a longer time to be fully cooked.
- Before adding the milk and the rest of the ingredients in step 2, make sure all the pasta water is absorbed to avoid runny sauce instead of a creamy one.
- You can easily make my type of ‘edible plate’ by carving into a regular bread loaf from the bakery.
- You are free to add any other vegetables or leftover chicken to the plate if you like.
That’s it. That’s all it takes to make a warm and delicious homemade meal from beginning to end. No more excuses for take-outs, go ahead and try it out; you won’t regret it!
Microwave Mac And Cheese Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of curved macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- Red pepper flakes (for garnish)
- Add the curved macaroni, water, and salt together in a large bowl and then into the microwave. Check your bowl every 2 minutes, and mix the content well to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the bowl. The cooking time of the pasta in this step will depend on the efficiency of your microwave, so it’s better to regularly monitor the pasta in the bowl every 2 minutes until it’s cooked.
- Mix in the garlic powder, milk, broccoli, and of course, the main ingredient, cheese. Then return back to the microwave for 30 seconds or until the cheese is fully melted and creamy.
- Pour the bowl’s content into a regular plate, or what I prefer to use, an ‘edible plate’ bread bowl. Sprinkle on top the red pepper flakes or any toppings you’d like.