Mangos are one of the best summer fruits that always give an extra refreshing and uniquely sweet taste to any dessert it’s included in, And this Mango key lime pie is no different. The mix of the flavors between the zesty taste of the key lime and the sweet and rich flavor of the mangos gives one of the best combinations ever, all with the crusty, buttery graham crackers layer. Believe me. You have to try it!
Mango Key Lime Tart
For the tart:
- 10 honey graham crackers crumbled
- 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 3 cups of diced and peeled mangos
- ½ teaspoon Key lime zest
- 1 -14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Start by mixing all the crust ingredients together in a stand mixer till a moistened crust is formed.
- Start spreading the crust evenly on a tart pan with a removable bottom that is put on a baking tray. Press down firmly with the back of a cup to make sure no air is trapped between the crust and it forms one compact layer.
- Transfer the 9” pan to a preheated oven at 350F for 10-12 minutes. Leave the pan to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- In the food processor, start pulsing your diced mango to make a puree. Before proceeding with the filling, first, sieve the puree to get rid of any lumps. Mix the sieved mangos with the lemon zest, condensed milk, lime juice, salt, and egg yolks.
- Spread the filling on the crust evenly. Return back to the oven for 25-28 minutes. The center should be a bit loose while the edges are firm.
- Let it cool for an hour. Chill in the fridge overnight.
- Prepare the whipping cream by whisking with a stand mixer the sugar and heavy cream together, then add the vanilla extract for final flavor. Beat till the whipped cream form.
- Decorate your tart. Serve and enjoy!