From the name of this recipe, I guess you already gathered that we’re going to make meatloaf. What you are missing though, is the fact that this is one of the best, if not the best, meatloaf recipe out there.
Now the reason that this recipe is so unique lies in the onion soup. Because we aren’t using any kind, but rather Lipton. Hence the title of the recipe, Lipton onion soup meatloaf. This one simple addition makes all the difference in comparison with the conventional meatloaf recipe. Every bite will be dripping with flavorful juices that you will love!
- Don’t over mix the ingredients of the meatloaf so it doesn’t toughen up.
- Don’t skip the resting of the meatloaf step, so that it doesn’t crumble when slicing.
- Lining the pan with parchment paper will ease the removal of the meatloaf.
Frequently asked questions:
How do you prevent the meatloaf from falling apart?
There is an amazing tip to keep the meatloaf intact and basically prevent it from drying out, which is soaking some leftover bread crumbs in milk, then adding it to the meatloaf mix. This provides the mix with additional moisture so that it wouldn’t dry in the oven.
Is it better to cook the meatloaf covered or uncovered?
I cook my meatloaf uncovered. However, you can still cook it covered with a piece of aluminum foil so that it wouldn’t dry, then uncover the foil for 10-15 minutes in the end. Both ways will give you exceptional results.
Why do we add eggs to the meatloaf?
Eggs are only added to keep the meatloaf intact during mixing, it doesn’t contribute much to the flavor. However, without the eggs, it will be much harder to shape the meatloaf and bake it.
Is eggs my only option as a binder for the meatloaf?
No, you can actually use cornstarch instead. Start by making the cornstarch slurry, just add two tablespoons of cornstarch in a cup of water and that’s it. Add it to the meatloaf mix.
There is another option which I mentioned before. The applesauce. Adding 1/4 cup of applesauce will give you the same results as adding one whole egg.
Can this meatloaf be frozen?
In fact, it can be frozen for up to 6 months so that you can easily make it ahead of time and be ready for any fancy dinner coming your way.
What is the best kind of meat to use in this meatloaf recipe?
Always go for the lean cut of meatloaf, 90/10 or 85/15 of ground round or sirloin. But, you can also go for ground turkey, if you’re not that big of a fan of red meat.
How to make Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 pounds of minced meat (90% lean)
- 1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup of water (you can also use milk)
- Salt to taste
Optional for serving:
- Meatloaf sauce
- Mix all the ingredients using your hands in a large bowl to make sure everything is well combined.
- Prepare your 9"x5" loaf pan by spreading and greasing it with butter from all sides.
- Transfer the meat mix to the loaf pan. Spread the meat all over the pan to make an even layer.
- Move the pan to a preheated oven at 375F. Leave it to bake for 45-50 minutes with no cover.
- When the meat is cooked enough, let it rest for 10 minutes, then spread the meatloaf sauce before slicing.
- Serve it with asparagus and mashed potatoes. Enjoy.
Check More Copycat Recipes
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.