We can all agree on how amazing and delicious Starbucks frappuccinos are. Especially, the heavenly, sweet, and chocolaty Java chip Frappuccino, known to be one of the absolute best Starbucks drinks! Of course, I am not writing all that to advertise for Starbucks.
I am here to offer you the perfect recipe to easily make the exact same flavorful caffeinated beverage at the comfort of your own home with a much cheaper price and healthier outcome!
Some important tips:
- You can add more ice to the mix which will thicken it but will be less creamy. So start by adding only a cup at first then increase for a thicker consistency.
- If you want a darker color, go for a darker coffee roast.
- Using half and half instead of whole milk will result in a creamier consistency.
Frequently asked questions:
What is Java chip Frappuccino made of?
It’s basically mocha blended with milk, ice, and Frappuccino chips with coffee. All topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of mocha syrup.
how much caffeine in java chip frappuccino?
About 110 mg of caffeine. But it’s totally worth it!
How many calories are in the java chip Frappuccino?
It contains about 580 calories.
Frappuccino chips VS Java chips?
They are essentially the same thing. They just contain slightly different bases.
Differences between java Chip and Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino?
The mocha cookie crumble has a layer of chocolate cookie crumble at the bottom with whipped cream.
How to Make Java Chip Frappuccino at Home! [ Copycat ]
- A cup of chilled strongly brewed coffee
- 2 Cups of Ice cubes (you may need extra for serving)
- 1 cup of milk (whole fat milk is preferred but you can use any type you like as a healthy alternative)
- 4 tablespoons of chocolate chips (semi-sweet for the regular sweet level)
- 4 tablespoons of chocolate syrup or sauce
- Whipped cream for serving
- Start by preparing your coffee. Either brewed coffee or instant one. It’s important to let it chill in the fridge.
- Decorate the coffee glasses by drizzling the chocolate sauce. Let it chill in the fridge
- In the blender, blend ice, coffee roast, milk, chocolate sauce, and chocolate chip on low speed for 30 seconds and another 20 seconds on high speed till you reach the rich and smooth consistency.
- Transfer the mix into the chocolate drizzled glasses and top it with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Julie, the passionate foodie and founder of Juliesfamilykitchen.com. I created this blog out of a drive to prove someone wrong, and then I realized how much I truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. In my free time, when I’m not running around after my kids or spending quality time with my partner, you can usually find me in the kitchen experimenting with new dishes.